Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default How do you change text shadow color?

I am working on an old project from a while back. In this project I had text with a white shadow that produced a glow effect. I am able to alter the original text just fine but I discovered I need to put the text into a text box for formatting issues but when doing so it loses the shadow. I can add a shadow to the text but it shows up black and that is not what I need. Example below.Note that I am working with Xara P&GD 15.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Example.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	59.1 KB 
ID:	129652

Default Re: How do you change text shadow color?

For my money, I would not use a glow shadow unless there is a specific reason for doing so, for example, for a short headline FEEL THE GLOW, or something like that.

What you need to do is zoom in very close then select the text with the Selector Tool.
    See if you can click just on the Glow portion. If the status bar in the lower left side of the screen shows Shadow, then click the white square on the screen palette.

If this does not work, select the text with the Selector Tool, then press the Tab key. This should changed the selection to the Shadow and you can select the white color.

How I would do it is make the shadow extend way out, so it is easier to select then it is a simple matter to change the color.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Or Drag/Select from the colour bar over the shadow or select the Shadow group for the text area within the Page and Layer Gallery then select the shadow and change.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	export.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	37.2 KB 
ID:	129653  
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    For my money, I would not use a glow shadow unless there is a specific reason for doing so, for example, for a short headline FEEL THE GLOW, or something like that.
    Actually it is looking perfect for what I am using it for. I just have to wait to see how it looks when it comes back from the printer. Fingers are crossed it turns out as good as it looks on screen.

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    Or Drag/Select from the colour bar over the shadow or select the Shadow group for the text area within the Page and Layer Gallery then select the shadow and change.
    Yes, this was the best answer. I had completely forgotten about layers. It's been more than 2 years since I used this program...lol.

Your help is greatly appreciated!