Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default How do I install fonts on Xara P&GD 15?

First, the project I am working on is an old project from years ago. I had to reinstall Xara P&GD 15 just to gain access to the master files. Soon after I realized I had an issue with some fonts as I kept getting the error about 2 specific fonts that are not installed. I then went online, found the one font I needed and installed on my PC. I go into Xara to install the font to the program, navigate to the windows directory where all fonts are stored and it will not even show the fonts folder. I then try installing it from another folder but when opening the folder Xara P&GD 15 gives me the error that there are no fonts in that folder.

What gives with this? It doesn't even recognize the windows fonts folder.

Is it as simple as I need to restart my PC?

Note that the Korigan ITC font that I need I can access through the word program I use (Libre Office) so I know that the font is installed on the PC, but for some reason Xara P&GD 15 will not find that font for some reason.

I looked for a Google fonts version of Korigan ITC but I couldn't find anything.

Default Re: How do I install fonts on Xara P&GD 15?

if you have installed the font in windows it should show up automatically in xara on the dropdown font list when you are in the text tool - you do not need to install it again from within xara [that function is for installing fonts from an offline source provided by xara ]

you may need to restart the xara program; would not have thought windows though, but you never know
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

If the font is installed on your computer then it should appear in the Text Tool > Font's drop down list.

I'm not sure how Xara's fonts gallery works and to be honest I never use it. But if the font is installed in the Windows Fonts folder then it should appear in the Fonts drop down list.

If the font does not show there may be a permissions issue. Did you purchase the font, or did you get it from a free fonts website. Though I don't think that would make a difference except when you try to embed the font in a website or PDF document.

The font does not show up in Xara, in fact when I just checked there are a loads of fonts that do not show up in Xara. These are fonts that are normally included with Windows as I have not installed any except for the Korigan font. The one I have is a free version of Korigan.

Ah, I found it. I didn't realize there is a second fonts directory in Xara P&GD 15 where you have to select the font to install it into the program.

Great. But please answer my question, does the font show up in the Text Tool, drop down font list? If the font is in the Windows > Fonts folder then you should not have to do anything. It will appear in the Fonts drop down list. Not the Font Gallery.

As far as I know, you should never have to install a font from Xara.

my understanding too
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Yep ... I've never had to install a font to Xara. All my fonts are in the windows fonts directory, and show up fine in Xara.
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Me either.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

when you clicked on/opened the font did you see the font and the word install at the top?
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Quote Originally Posted by wizard509 View Post
    when you clicked on/opened the font did you see the font and the word install at the top?
    Read above... I figured it out