Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Saving v17 on my hardrive

Can I download the installer for v17 now to keep on my drive as backup? I like to keep a copy not installed (the installer only) for future. I am now on v18.

Default Re: Saving v17 on my hardrive

Sure you can. Log in to your magix.com account, and download it from the MY PRODUCTS section.
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Thanks but it only gives me the small download which in return if run will download v18

why do you specifically want the backup installer to install ver 17 rather than ver 18 ?

you will only get the stub installer, not the full installer package, that is how the magix site works

but on the computer that you have version 18 installed on - go to documents > magix downloads > installationsmanager - you may find the full installation package for ver 18 has been saved there during installation
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Right now I have v17 and v18 on my machine but for archiving I wanted to keep the v17, which now seems impossible to get.

@behzad, in my moved I:\Installs\MAGIX Downloads\ and similar folders, I have over 6GB of stubs and executables.

I have a I:\Installs\MAGIX Downloads\designerprox17_dlm.exe, file version 1.3.48.38.
    Running this stub does not guarantee it will be linked to v17 anymore or that the version can install once you are out of Update Service cover.

I also have I:\Installs\MAGIX Downloads\designerpro-17dot0.exe, version 17.0.0.58732, the full executable.
    Again running this will not work after Update Service expiry unless it is the registered version and you have an available licence for it.

I would not rely on a stub.

For interest, I have the opposite problem with Pro+.
    Xara has saved all past versions entirely into C:\Program Files\Xara\Xara Designer Pro+\Backup\
    Every file comes with an extra extension (1, 2, 3, bak, bak1, ..), for 13 versions and 2.5GB of storage.

@Xara:
    Not mention of it in the still missing PDF Help.
    Stuck again all into my C:\ drive without a by-your-leave or an option to path elsewhere.
    No detail on how to delete or if I should delete or even move.

I can work these all out but thanks for not telling anyone.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat