Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Bug This has been Bugging me

Dear Xara...

You introduced Paragraph Backgrounds quite a time back.
    This then destroyed Web Animations for layers: Xara - How to ruin a website.xar

I can get things to work only if I (1) Delete any Paragraph Backgrounds in the Layer (2) Have no Web Animations applied.

I get fed up fudging away your Bugs.
    Please add this Bug to the Ones you never reply to pile.

There is always an exception.
    Whatever happened to all the reported Bugs around https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...ttings-Dialog?
    The first one appears fine now, but any news on the others?

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Default Re: This has been Bugging me

Sounds like you've had a trying day Acorn!

if you as a user - alone - can find (and mostly correct) these bugs, how come Xara with all their development team can't fix any of them! Perhaps you should apply for a job (working from home of course!).
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    Dear Xara...

You introduced Paragraph Backgrounds quite a time back.
    This then destroyed Web Animations for layers: Xara - How to ruin a website.xar
    Acorn
    That would explain why I had to add a reveal animation, cut and paste the object into a layer instead of just using the settings on the Pop-Up Layer when I was trying to help someone - Read more read less buttons (talkgraphics.com)
    If I replace the paragraph background with a white rectangle I can simplify the whole thing.

Quote Originally Posted by ss-kalm View Post
    Sounds like you've had a trying day Acorn!
    if you as a user - alone - can find (and mostly correct) these bugs, how come Xara with all their development team can't fix any of them! Perhaps you should apply for a job (working from home of course!).
    Keith, finished a moderate job for a client who then said "Ah, but."
    Started a simpler one for another and that went well for me and hopefully them.

Then tried to do something easy in Xara and Bang!, another Bug.
    What annoys is each version brings it own clutch so I can never be confident I can update a site safely.
    Some Bugs around text layouts and Smart tables are so frustrating, I just revert to basic building blocks to be safe.
    Hover web effects are still rubbish when you move off the object.

I would love to see an offer from Xara.
    I doubt one will ever come.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Chris M View Post
    That would explain why I had to add a reveal animation, cut and paste the object into a layer instead of just using the settings on the Pop-Up Layer when I was trying to help someone - Read more read less buttons (talkgraphics.com)
    If I replace the paragraph background with a white rectangle I can simplify the whole thing.
    Chris, it was that exact ask that caused me to refind the Bug as i was going to casually drop in such a solution. After mucking about for over an hour, i redacted all my Post and just dais, use pop-up layers.

Acorn

I remember this issue a while back and if you have Pro, you can use a named stretch with a coloured rectangle on a layer such that as the text extends the coloured rectangle does too. The same effect as a paragraph background colour.

Don't think it is available in Wed Designer though?

Gary

Funnily enough, I can't remember the last time I used Paragraph Background. Normally I will instinctively add a rectangle to hide the objects on the MouseOff layer.

Quote Originally Posted by Initiostar View Post
    I remember this issue a while back and if you have Pro, you can use a named stretch with a coloured rectangle on a layer such that as the text extends the coloured rectangle does too. The same effect as a paragraph background colour.

Don't think it is available in Wed Designer though?

Gary
    It's available in Web Designer Premium, not sure about the base Web Designer.

Quote Originally Posted by Initiostar View Post
    Don't think it is available in Wed Designer though? Gary
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris M View Post
    It's available in Web Designer Premium, not sure about the base Web Designer.
    Chris & Gary, Neither XWD nor XWDP have access to the Names gallery. It is there that you can build you own stretch panels, buttons or Postman Pat Van.

All is not lost, if you use the OCC > All > Search: panel, you will find lots of examples Xara has used.

They are all basically the same: a Text Panel grouping a Text Column and Shape with Stretches set up from one to the other for H, V or H&V
    It doesn't work with Rectangles so I usually avoid them.

For some, you have to select the Text tool and change the column width, the shape follows.
    You can drop different colours and fills onto the panel, add Line widths and alter nodes.

If you

I thought Gary was referring to the Paragraph Background option.

Proof that I don't read the posts properly.