Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Latest Jquery Breaks Widget - Best Alternative?

Gary / Acorn,

I was thinking something like this Photo Swipe...

You touch a chosen thumbnail to start, then swipe to view next photo, then X to exit.

But I am open to other ideas you may have.

Thanks,
    -Tom

Info Re: Latest Jquery Breaks Widget - Best Alternative?

Quote Originally Posted by tomcadman View Post
    Gary / Acorn,
    I was thinking something like this Photo Swipe...
    You touch a chosen thumbnail to start, then swipe to view next photo, then X to exit.
    But I am open to other ideas you may have.
    Thanks,
    -Tom
    Tom, here is a quick throw together: JS - Simple Thumbnail Viewer.xar.
    It is only a click event.

If you want a swipe action then building one would take a fair effort: https://css-tricks.com/simple-swipe-...la-javascript/.

The simplest might be to place all your images in a horizontal line and have the IFRAME wide rather than tall then you have a swipe and with Highslide JS, a pop-up.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

One possible idea is to use a photo slider (which in Pro v18 or Pro +) supports touch-based horizontal swipe - this transitions through the photos and has navigation to any one from its thumbnail. It also supports auto-scrolling. https://initiostar.co.uk/demo/zNivo/ (top example).

It's not a widget, but a separate supersite/transitional website that is embedded into the main site; easy to add to it without changing the main site too.

Gary

Getting back to this (had to work on another project)...

Perhaps, the quickest solution is to use the slideshow as-is. However, the slideshow controls are rather small on the test iPhone I use...

QUESTION: Is there a way to increase the size of the slideshow controls? (i.e. to make it easier to see and manipulate in mobile variant.)

Thanks,
    -Tom
    Last edited by tomcadman; 14 May 2021 at 09:02 PM.

Tom,

If you are comfortable adding some additional code to your group of images, then take a look at the Highslide APIs http://highslide.com/editor/. Head over to Controls and you will see you can select large icons; in doing so you can see the CSS that could be added to your group of images in the mobile variant.

View the CSS and apply this to your images. No guarantees - I've not tried it, but it should work.

Acorn is the wizard at these sorts of things and may have a better idea.

Gary

I will take a look.

Thanks Gary.

I played with the Highslide CSS generated by XDPX, but could not get the desired results, as yet.

More importantly, if I figure it out, I will need to code it as an overriding CSS in a placeholder in order to override the XDPX generated code as I update and export the site. (This needs to ultimately be transferable to the next webmaster without coding external to XDPX.)

-Tom

xara has not advised anything whatsoever but it apprs that it has updated the jQuery library that is bundles into XDPX/XWD(P) version 18+ as jquery v3.6.0.
    Xara has also corrected the Slider Widget that were failing with any change from jQuery v1.11.1.

The only problem si existing designed Preview/Export/Publish under v18+ seems to be broken.
    The "@Initiostar trick" may be to add in the same Widget from the On-line Content Catalogue and Preview/Export/Publish and Save the change, followed by deleting the just-added Widget.
    This seems to align everything.

@Xara - you need to confirm what you have been up to.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

@Xara - you need to confirm what you have been up to.
    I'm holding my breath.....
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host