Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: remember this tutorial

But that's, to a large extent, because Xara more or less stopped developing existing and introducing new drawing features.

I agree.

However, even though the development seems to have stopped. Xara is still the most intuitive to use. I have both Affinity Designer and Affinity Photo, but always open Xara as my weapon of choice. Workflow is SO much easier.
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Quote Originally Posted by ss-kalm View Post
    That's because everybody and his dog ONLY seem to care about webpages these days.
    Keith, the ONLY audience for creative works is through the Internet so that's why TGers focus on manifest websites and TG seems to be an artistic desert.
    What then happens is creativity get swamped by the mundane.

Many cite and link to fantastical sites; few seem to follow through and show how they and their XDA can do better for the website or its content. I have skills for the former and few for the latter.

Your XDA is a tool that has evolved but in some areas has stayed the same so people simply may have found more creative products for their talents.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by TimS View Post
    One of my favorite tutorials from the good ole days. I loved the font that Gary created and always thought Xara could have used it as their logo and include the tutorial on each new version.
    Thanks for reminding me when I was still learning design. I'm currently working as a designer for wedding dresses in Indonesia and feel the step-by-step process is needed to become an expert in designing images.

Quote Originally Posted by ss-kalm View Post
    I agree.

However, even though the development seems to have stopped. Xara is still the most intuitive to use. I have both Affinity Designer and Affinity Photo, but always open Xara as my weapon of choice. Workflow is SO much easier.
    Me too Keith.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    The only creative area right now Larry is your monthly challenge.

Thank you, Gary.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.