Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Please check your internet connection

Web Designer is the most infuriating programme to work with sometimes - I know I have had this problem before.
    I have paid the upgrade fee (again) and I doubt there'll be much difference in the latest version but opening WD Premium V18 finds no content in the local designs gallery and if I try to pick something from the online version it says "Please check your internet connection"

Good job I didn't have anything urgent to do as I seem to remember it took ages to sort last time but I can't remember how it got sorted!

Any help available? Please.

Default Re: Please check your internet connection

I have have had the same problem. There used to be a trouble-shooter guide on the Xara website years ago. I'm afraid I can't help further because I never got it fixed and don't use the online content.

I have a note of the steps Xara recommended but no details.

1. Check Windows Updates
    2. Check Firewall Settings
    3. Check Anti-Virus Settings
    4. Check Proxy Settings
    5. Perform a Clean Boot
    6. Generate a log file
    Jon (Jono) Xara Photo & Graphic Designer 19.0.0.64329 DL x64 May 19 2022

V17 still works fine - it shouldn't be this difficult. I never have any problems updating any other programme.

try running the program once as adminstator may fix it [rightclick on program icon to select]
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

I have had similar issues in the past with Designer Pro and Webroot Secure Anywhere. Webroot was blocking the .exe file from running and I had to tell Webroot that Xara was OK to access the internet.

So that might be your problem.

Let us know.

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    try running the program once as adminstator may fix it [rightclick on program icon to select]
    Already tried that

ok then, so something is probably blocking it as gary said, on the basis that your internet connection is working for everything else ?

no comfort, but the magix implementation of update from ver 17 to ver 18 has had lots of issues

if you still have version 17 installed it should be possible to access it's downloaded content from ver 18
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    I have had similar issues in the past with Designer Pro and Webroot Secure Anywhere. Webroot was blocking the .exe file from running and I had to tell Webroot that Xara was OK to access the internet.

So that might be your problem.

Let us know.
    Don't use webroot and nothing is blocked by my antivirus

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    ok then, so something is probably blocking it as gary said, on the basis that your internet connection is working for everything else ?

no comfort, but the magix implementation of update from ver 17 to ver 18 has had lots of issues

if you still have version 17 installed it should be possible to access it's downloaded content from ver 18
    But it doesn't - WD is also the only programme that won't let me move the gallery flyouts to my second monitor since I upgraded the main monitor to a 4K version. CAD and Sketchup work fine but WD they just stick at the right hand side of the left hand screen. :-(

it will be a firewall blocking, or the equivalent [which webroot is]

not sure if web designer has 4K monitor support [designer pro has only just got it] - small point but have you checked in windows display settings how you monitors are aligned, you may just be trying to move flyouts out of boundary limits if the two monitors are different resolutions
    Nothing lasts forever...