Xara pops up a window telling me there is an update, 17 to 18, but I had to download and install it FOUR TIMES before it finally installed. The first couple of times it seemed to go through the motions, then popped up an UNinstall window. The first time I closed it and there was no update. The next time I let it go through the uninstall process, thinking it might uninstall 17 and replace it with 18, but at the end everything was the same as it had been. On the third time it seemed to go through the motions but did nothing and it wasn't until the fourth time it downloaded that I got a sequence of dialogue windows that made it seem like it was working properly and it did. FOUR TIMES!!!!

Even then, it doesn't show up as a recent install, so I had to go looking for it in Start and pin it.

And why, oh why does it not install over v17? Believe it or not, I have better things to do with my time than manually uninstall old versions of software and I have much greater need of the extra half a gig of storage that the old version takes up. Overall, it makes Xara seem like amateur hour.

For the record, I was installing it on a Surface Pro 4 with a 6th Gen Core i7 and 16GB of RAM.