Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Info Adding XaraTemplates Stock Photos to your XDA

@behzad mention a Freebie of Stock Photos from XaraTemplates - https://xaratemplates.com/shop/graph...ee-collection/.

The download is a ZIP of JPEGs (some are PNGs) with associated catalogue information and PNG thumbnails. Over 3GB in size, for 1,529 licence-free images.

I unpacked into a ../Stock Images/ folder.
    I then used the Fill Gallery > Disc fills > Add folder to gallery.
    All worked but the scroll over so many thumbs was tedious and the Find is very limited.
    I binned the Disc Fill approach.

I have Everything and I set up a Bookmark to Large Thumbs and the path ../Stock Photos/ so I can simply preview everything quickly for type in a partial "exc" & "png" to see the thumbnails.
    If you drag one onto your design you have a 128 H or V images. I scale these up to the final size I want display. Even 10dpi is still easy to view.

In Everything, remove the png to view the larger JPEG and right-click > Copy Full Name to Clipboard.
    I then select the thumb and pick Web Properties > Placeholder > Placeholder > Replace with graphic file: Paste.

The design stores the thumb and links to the image.
    Your Preview or Publish replace it with the full file, which is saved into your design file's Support Folder.
    This saves design file size and save times dramatically especially when working with photo portfolios.
    Oh, the image filename is preserved.

If you do not have the WebP Pro+ release yet, you can change the master file to AVIF or WebP and you achieve the same result.

Yes, sometimes the thumb is not in the right ratio but you can adjust this as you learn.
    Never drop the large file into the design.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Default Re: Adding XaraTemplates Stock Photos to your XDA

Thanks for the heads up @acorn!
    -Bill
    Bill Wood
    Charity Web Design
    XARA Pro+. WD17, Designer 17. Premium packages.

Yes, thank you Acorn.

I've downloaded the stock photo's, but going through them, I don't see a many useful ones - but maybe that's just me.
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Quote Originally Posted by ss-kalm View Post
    Yes, thank you Acorn.
    I've downloaded the stock photo's, but going through them, I don't see a many useful ones - but maybe that's just me.
    FKeith, they are for free, good for mock-ups. Having them local, saves time and thinking.

There are several on-line curated services but they are offering millions of choices so filtering, downloading and fitting is just more time-consuming.

I was also trying to demonstrate the liberation of image manipulation with an XDA.
    My approach of embedding Placeholders is limited as Xara effectively pre-processes images where it would be better to apply such effects afterwards.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Thanks Master Acorn