Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
I was thinking of the occasions when Xara crashes.
I have a backup of 10 minutes prior, you have nothing.
re 'nothing' not so because:

but it [acronis] monitors the system all the time
ok it take longer to ghost the system, but acronis is fast, especially if not much else has changed, and you can argue that if a system backup taskes n minuites and you set to backup every 10 mins, then essentialy you are getting backups every ten minutes, but with an initial historical offset of n - ok it is not quite that simple, but it is the way I prefer it; and whilst the system backs up in three seperate locations [of course] I only keep the current and last but one iterations

if it is that important I could setup another backup routine to specifically bak the project file folder[s], but usually I save and therefore bak the program file iterations offline directly which keeps me happy... too much automation makes me twitchy

and you know, xara very rarely crashes for me these days, have not had one worth mentioning for ages [testing out new features does not count, you expect the possibility] - but then I use almost exclusively the features that have been there for a long time and who's glitches are 'established'

I am actually more concerned about losing the whole system in a power failure for example, and of course these days, xara is mostly ancillary to my workflow anyway....