Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Handy web page test

https://webpagetest.org/

Found this in my travels. There’s probably a bunch out there.

-Bill
    Bill Wood
    Charity Web Design
    XARA Pro+. WD17, Designer 17. Premium packages.

Default Re: Handy web page test

Thanks for sharing this.

I've used this in the past but running against this page returned FAFAAFX, which I know it wrong so I far prefer Lighthouse (https://developers.google.com/web/tools/lighthouse/) for local testing and Insights (https://developers.google.com/speed/pagespeed/insights/) when published.

Lighthouse: 98% perf, 66% accessibility, 73% SEO.
    Insights: 95% mobile, 99% desktop.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

I ran the webpage test and my site received the same FAFAAFX. What has me questioning is the F for security. It is showing that the JQuery is version 1.11.1 and says this version has known security issues and should be upgraded to version 3+.

Is this upgrade something that Xara does on their end with the release of new patches or is this something else. When I read about upgrading the JQuery it states that some of compatibility issues may need to be addressed for calls, so I would assume this could effect widgets and such used by Xara.

Ray

Good question.
    I’ve run it on multiple sites made with Xara and got an F. Basically I run the test for speed and the heavy graphical sites got B and C. Now working on Webp images for speed.
    I’m really not sure on low marks for security issues.
    -Bill
    Bill Wood
    Charity Web Design
    XARA Pro+. WD17, Designer 17. Premium packages.

Ray & Keith, I have nagged Xara for years regarding jQuery 1.11.1, amongst other matters.
    Xara has failed to update it despite the six known security flaws.

I thought I had highlighted a solution thoroughly in https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...Support-Folder but clearly it has passed many by.

In a nutshell, download jQuery 3.6.0 or later and store in the saved file's Support Folder. Ensure some object has a Name of UsesJQuery in your design.
    Various other Threads address those sliders that fail with a later jQuery Library or I have replaced them with something better.
    A quick way to create the Support Folder is to create a text file log.txt anywhere on your system. Then put a blob, shape or text off-page and Link > Link to file: log.txt.
    When you save the design, you get <design>.XAR (.WEB) and a Support Folder <design>_xar_files or <deisgn>_web_files. Or you could just create it manually.

It should not be me doing Xara's job but ...

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Acorn,

I knew you had posted about this but I could not find the topic. Thanks for point it out again.

On your site that you did the webpage.test for, under the F for security are you getting it for the JQuery also and does this site use your support folder? I would think that by using the support folder and copying the new version into it then the security portion would pass.

Ray

Quote Originally Posted by RKissane View Post
    Acorn,
    I knew you had posted about this but I could not find the topic. Thanks for point it out again.
    On your site that you did the webpage.test for, under the F for security are you getting it for the JQuery also and does this site use your support folder? I would think that by using the support folder and copying the new version into it then the security portion would pass.
    Ray
    Ray, no. The F score was for TG itself.

The F disappears when I use jQuery 3.6.0 in my sites.
    Something you can try yourself.

In Lighthouse, Best Practices reports 93% with jQuery 1.11.1 and 100% with jQuery 3.6.0.

Acorn