Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Info IP Checking Utility

I use this now to check up on iffy Posters: JS - We know where you live.xar

I use JSON for a range of things - red search.
    Others might prefer a CSV version - green search.

I did think of The Matrix (blue and red) but i'll save that for another day.

The bottom Link is more for us Mods to see if the Poster has been caught elsewhere.

Modding may not be glamorous but the pay's rubbish too.
    Come and join today!

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Default Re: IP Checking Utility

Modding may not be glamorous but the pay's rubbish too.
    Come and join today!
    bin there, done that, binned the t-shirt
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Thank you Acorn, now I just need to figure out how to use it.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

The IP address for any post is in the lower left of the post, hover over the IP icon and the address will appear.

I use InfoSniper https://www.infosniper.net/ to check the IP address and then Stop Forum Spam https://www.stopforumspam.com/search to see if that IP address has been flagged for spam.

If the member is using VPN (Virtual Private Network) then this is useless because the IP address can be made to appear to anywhere. I have seen some here that show up in the middle of a large lake on the InfoSniper map.

Moderators can also look up member info and see if that member has posted from other IP addresses.

We're like Bellingcat on a very tiny scale.

Thank you, Gary I knew most of this if not all.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

I am passing on a tool that non-Mods could play with.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Not working with FF Acorn (I sound like the Grim Reaper with this regular announcement).

Interestingly on checking my ip address 86.157.249.251 I'm on the blacklist! It's a dynamic address set up through my isp.
    Someone trying to make a quick buck?
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    Not working with FF Acorn (I sound like the Grim Reaper with this regular announcement).
    Interestingly on checking my ip address 86.157.249.251 I'm on the blacklist! It's a dynamic address set up through my isp.
    Someone trying to make a quick buck?
    Egg, sorry, I voided the other two links.

For the Blacklist Check Link you (FF) need: javascript: void (window.location.href = "https://mxtoolbox.com/SuperTool.aspx?action=blacklist: " + document.getElementById('ipEntry').value );

I've checked your IP and it does come up with two hits.
    https://www.blacklistmaster.com/ reports four.
    https://www.dnsbl.info/dnsbl-database-check.php has no marketing and I get two again.

I would agreed that as it is dynamic, some earlier user could have been a spammer.

I've never checked mine but feel free.

Acorn

Wow! You even live in a Forum. Impressive.

Yes you've been a naughty boy too. I take it your IP is supplied by BT as well and is dynamic?
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    Wow! You even live in a Forum. Impressive.
    Yes you've been a naughty boy too. I take it your IP is supplied by BT as well and is dynamic?
    Guilty on all charges.

Acorn