Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Unhappy Xara Designer Pro+ 21.1.1.62011 SL x64 Apr 28 2021 against version 12

Dear Xara,

I work with this everyday since many years, and you might rememer this:

https://www.xara.com/uk/designer-pro/advanced/

Speed
    Xara Designer Pro has one of the world's most sophisticated, high performance ...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	speed_test01.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	103.4 KB 
ID:	129561

that's hardly acceptable that's just embarrassing.
    harsh words and for a harsh bug or whatever it is.
    this filling is present in my artwork 6 times and you can imagine that working with it is impossible.

_speed_ test1.xar
    no sicknature. for nearly 20 years. omg ...
    For many problems there are simple and easy-to-understand solutions that do not work.

Default Re: Xara Designer Pro+ 21.1.1.62011 SL x64 Apr 28 2021 against version 12

when I look at your screenshot, it looks like your first [pro+] object is showing lots of nodes, and the second [ver 12] is not

so is it exactly the same object and redrawn under the same circumstancces... grouping for example can affect redraw time

if you could post the objects up we could check for you
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Default Re: Xara Designer Pro+ 21.1.1.62011 SL x64 Apr 28 2021 against version 12

hi
    it is exactly the attached xar file.
    just do:
    [strg] [a]
    and
    [strg] [shift] [t]
    For many problems there are simple and easy-to-understand solutions that do not work.

Lightbulb Re: Xara Designer Pro+ 21.1.1.62011 SL x64 Apr 28 2021 against version 12

rs3, while I agree this is unacceptable, the question I have to ask is why is there such a variance in timings in Pro+: Min 6mS & Max 5647mS.
    I tried with your file and got 6mS and 100mS over 4 runs.

I might suspect my computer first if I had such swings.
    Version 12 occupies a different hard rive space so you may have a defect on the disk.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    rs3, while I agree this is unacceptable, the question I have to ask is why is there such a variance in timings in Pro+: Min 6mS & Max 5647mS.
    I tried with your file and got 6mS and 100mS over 4 runs.
    Acorn
    Hi Acron

the 6ms is the speed, if no object is selcted.

reinhard

Quote Originally Posted by rsrsrs View Post
    Hi Acron
    the 6ms is the speed, if no object is selcted.
    reinhard
    Reinhard, my timings involved no selection, selection, a linear fill & a transformation & colour change.

My XWDPv12 is redrawing on average of 75mS, so comparable.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

sorry I missed your attachment

I have tested this in pro+ with the new boudary box / handles - slow, and the old handles [switched back in the registry] - fast, about 45ms

so the issue I think is the new handles

there was an issue 'of complexity' that the latest update was ment to have fixed, but maybe this is different

meanwhile, unless you need the new handles, you might consider reverting to the old ones
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    I have tested this in pro+ with the new boudary box / handles - slow, and the old handles [switched back in the registry] - fast, about 45ms
    there was an issue 'of complexity' that the latest update was ment to have fixed, but maybe this is different
    meanwhile, unless you need the new handles, you might consider reverting to the old ones
    Interesting observation handrawn. I was using the new handles.

Acorn

I was aso using different computers - desktop has new boundary handles, laptop does not... but they are comparable in spec, so the boundary handles is in the frame

[desktop took 7 secs !]
    Nothing lasts forever...

Red face Re: Xara Designer Pro+ 21.1.1.62011 SL x64 Apr 28 2021 against version 12

handles, you mean this white/blue (way too big) squares???
    cant beleve, it!

[switched back in the registry]
    pls a link?
    1000 thx.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2021-05-03 16_13_23-Xara Designer Pro+ - [Untitled4 _].jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	13.3 KB 
ID:	129564

they are 3D renderd and have a shadow.
    more complex than the sketch itself.
    Dear Xara pls dont get me wrong, i love you all!
    Last edited by rsrsrs; 03 May 2021 at 02:17 PM. Reason: i can see shadows