Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Dumb SVG question.

As everyone knows Egg just created me the most fantastic animated SVG logo. Now what I would like to know is, could a animated SVG be used in a PDF file? The reason I ask this is when I open a PDF on my computer it opens in chrome. So I would think that I could use my animated SVG in a PDF. Am I nuts, dumb or is this possible. I thank everyone for their time, as I know I'm full of crazy questions.

Default Re: Dumb SVG question.

Quote Originally Posted by Gypsyjoe View Post
    As everyone knows Egg just created me the most fantastic animated SVG logo. Now what I would like to know is, could a animated SVG be used in a PDF file? The reason I ask this is when I open a PDF on my computer it opens in chrome. So I would think that I could use my animated SVG in a PDF. Am I nuts, dumb or is this possible. I thank everyone for their time, as I know I'm full of crazy questions.
    GJ, never dumb, just don't try the answer, it is quite hard: https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/usin...ns_acrobat_pro.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    GJ, never dumb, just don't try the answer, it is quite hard: https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/usin...ns_acrobat_pro.

Acorn
    Sorry Acorn, for me personally I don't think the answer answered anything for me, but I should've said for my question would it work creating a PDF in Xara. I think I'll just use the PNG version in my PDF and not worry about the animation. I just thought it would be rather neat if I could include the animated in my PDF. You have to understand I walk around here looking at all you geniuses and think to myself how dumb can you really be. Well I am very dumb usually here on Talk Graphics most answers go right over my head. I just like hanging out with you guys and occasionally something gets through my thick skull. Anyhow thank you for the answer.

Looking at the Adobe Acrobat instructions, it would seem that you need a full version of Acrobat or Acrobat Pro to be able to embed media in a pdf. Even then, anyone viewing it would need a version of Acrobat Reader that plays the media.

I tried embedding a video in a document and exporting to pdf, without success. It would be neat if this could be done in Xara.
    John CB
    Xara DPX(19.0.1.65946)