Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Inserting Facebook Page Plugin

Hi. In WD 10 Premium can I check how to now insert the facebook page plugin?
    I'm guessing something at Facebook's end has been updated at some point as all the website is now showing is the name of the facebook page as a link, whereas before it was showing the page feed like it should.

Previously all I've done is visit the facebook page plugin website, insert the URL of the facebook page and then insert both pieces of code into web designer as a placeholder in the body section. But this doesn't work anymore and nothing is displayed.

Do i need to do something differently please?

Default Re: Inserting Facebook Page Plugin

You are correct using a placeholder. These instructions are far better than adding the Facebook widget. Google this “adding Facebook to web pages”.
    - draw your placeholder
    - google question above
    - get the URL of the FB page you need
    - insert code in the placeholder (body) portion
    - test.
    I’ve found that you must be logged into the FB account that you need, or the code is not available.
    I also found that dragging in the Xara widget does not work as well as the google method.
    Try the above and see if that works. Also do a search in this forum (Facebook)

-Bill
    Bill Wood
    Charity Web Design
    XARA Pro+. WD17, Designer 17. Premium packages.

Hi this is what I've done but it doesn't work.
    I've had the Facebook feeds on the websites for years but they've stopped working. So I'm guessing fb changed something.

Facebook generates two pieces of script.
    Do they both go in the placeholder body still?

Yes. Both pieces of code go in the body in the placeholder. I have used this on multiple sites, but in a previous post I stated that the placeholder was not working. That was Friday. They seem to be working now. Thread ... https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...day-(Thursday)

https://www.northeastspca.org/index.htm

https://www.melfortmuseum.org/events-programs.htm

W
    Bill Wood
    Charity Web Design
    XARA Pro+. WD17, Designer 17. Premium packages.

Thanks! Oddly mine are working again too now. Something down at FB end maybe

Bill,
    The FB is present on Chrome & Edge but not on FF on your events-programs page.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host