Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Controlling morphs in AVI animation

[flash memory - geddit? ]
    Very sharp today HD.

Yes I agree it does a great job of creating a morthing video but the file size??? 27Mb

Attached a 30Kb svg of the same animation. Again it's Xara falling further behind by not embracing svg's.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Egg Bramhill; 08 May 2021 at 10:55 AM. Reason: Spelling
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

I'd process the avi through handbrake or such ; I get a file size then of 16.5 KB when I do this to an .m4v [zipped so it will upload]

Morph Test-1.zip

xara is falling behind the times by sticking with AVI; I doubt this is that useful webwise these days?

mp4 would be better for videos I think; svg as you say for 'simple' animations
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    Egg, what app are you using for this animation?

Quote Originally Posted by Boy View Post
    Egg, what app are you using for this animation?
    That'll be SVGator: https://www.svgator.com/pricing.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    like I said, the tansformations xara is capable of are limited; as I recall it does not do true morphing of one shape to a different shape at all, so what you are seeing probably reflects that

certainly there is no mechanism to anchor source coordinates to target coordinates [unless they have sneaked this in recently]

the pro+ manual implies that it should work for an avi [as opposed to flash/gif], but that is based on you [using keyframes] altering your original shape to the trapezium shape in a duplicated frame - that I call tweening
    [edit -or in your example trapesium to rectangle]

to me, morph is when the program interpolates between seperately drawn/created images
    No, it is a true morph, just not particularly controllable. I only created two keyframes, and the exported animation contains tweened frames generated by Xara. It will work with any simple shapes drawn in Xara, but not with complex fills, blurs or other effects. Check my "Sound and Vision" video above, animated entirely in Xara.
    "Communication is everything"

Regarding egg-to-chick, Xara can definitely do this, and in this case I would guess very well. The issue is more to do with the intermediate stages.

Quote Originally Posted by Simon Beck View Post
    No, it is a true morph, just not particularly controllable. I only created two keyframes, and the exported animation contains tweened frames generated by Xara. It will work with any simple shapes drawn in Xara, but not with complex fills, blurs or other effects. Check my "Sound and Vision" video above, animated entirely in Xara.
    this is going to depend on your terminology which will depend on where you are coming from - in general terms it is a morph, but if you want a Morph then you might wish to read this [paging through the morphing animation sections]:

https://docs.toonboom.com/help/harmo...-morphing.html

of course that program is a true animation program, which xara is definately not....
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by Simon Beck View Post
    The issue is more to do with the intermediate stages.
    use the copy frame steps I suggested earlier - in avi it should work fine - you will need some finessing of extra shapes and timing

personally I would not do this in xara, it's not what it is intended for - eggs svgator is much easier
    Nothing lasts forever...

... oh and on the complex fills, blurs and effects... well no; xara is a website animation program

if you want video FX you use a video animation program...
    Nothing lasts forever...

For what it's worth...
    Name:  egg.jpg
Views: 146
Size:  9.3 KB