Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Windows 7 and Designer Pro V18

I searched the forum, but did not see a reference to my problem. Will Designer Pro Version 18 run on Windows 7? I installed it on my aging HP laptop (I'm licensed for 2 copies), but when I tried to authenticate it, an error report said unable to connect to Internet. Error code 12157. I looked that up, and the suggestion was to ensure that my Internet connection was configured for TLS 1.2. It is.
    Any ideas?

Default Re: Windows 7 and Designer Pro V18

Will Designer Pro Version 18 run on Windows 7?
    I don't know in truth STS. Perhaps it's a 32/64 bit issue? However I'd suggest you migrate from Windows 7 as it's no longer supported by Microsoft and as such has become security issue. You should still be able to upgrade to Windows 10 for free provided your machine can accomodate it.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

When I have had the opposition W10 and older Xara versions, not all run unless you fire them up in admin mode.

Perhaps that might work.

The blurb Magix provides states:
    MINIMUM SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS

• Microsoft® Windows® 8 | 10
    • 64 bit
    • Intel® Celeron® or newer, or AMD® Sempron® or newer
    • 500MB of RAM
    • 300MB of available hard-disk space
    Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

I did try running as admin, but it didn't matter. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    You should still be able to upgrade to Windows 10 for free provided your machine can accomodate it.
    I don't believe that is still the case.
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Quote Originally Posted by ss-kalm View Post
    I don't believe that is still the case.
    You can't 'upgrade' to 10 for free anymore, but if you do a fresh install you can use the Win 7 serial if it's a retail number (no Dell/HP/Asus on the COA sticker).

I boot from a Win 10 USB, delete all partitions, choose 'Custom Install, enter the Win 7 serial and let it rip.

As far as XDP V18 and Windows 7, they are compatible. I am running it this way on one of my computers. I would download a new copy of XDP V18 and reinstall to see if that clears up the problem.

Can you get to a point to run the content installer from the help menu?

Ray

Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

I did similar a few months back for three laptops I added SSDs to, thinking why not.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

I had tried this a couple months back on my daughter's old laptop and it did start the process but then it turned it into a brick. Would not finish and just had a blue screen of death. Could not revert back or install anything else.

Ray