Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Which update and what version to do it to

@Lynnzer, there is a difference between what is uploaded and what is rendered by a browser.

WebP/PNG or WebP/JPG pairings are the same as image/ Retina. All are uploaded but when a page is rendered, code only fetches the right things. Google will just see WebPs.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    @Lynnzer, there is a difference between what is uploaded and what is rendered by a browser.

WebP/PNG or WebP/JPG pairings are the same as image/ Retina. All are uploaded but when a page is rendered, code only fetches the right things. Google will just see WebPs.

Acorn
    Ah, I think I'm getting it at last.
    HOWEVER one FINAL question - I take it that a site which is uploaded from the Xara Pro+ via ftp to my own domain address isn't affected. Or is the rendering carried out only on a Xara hosted site?
    I know.... dumb as hell......

Info Re: Which update and what version to do it to

Quote Originally Posted by Lynnzer View Post
    Ah, I think I'm getting it at last.
    HOWEVER one FINAL question - I take it that a site which is uploaded from the Xara Pro+ via ftp to my own domain address isn't affected. Or is the rendering carried out only on a Xara hosted site?
    I know.... dumb as hell......
    The Export and FTP is identical regardless of the end location.

i have a pages that is index.htm
    If I replace that with /index_htm_files/xr_files.txt, I can see its manifest:
    index_htm_files
    index.htm
    index_htm_files/6.png
    index_htm_files/6@2x.png
    index_htm_files/6.webp
    index_htm_files/6@2x.webp
    PNG, WebP & Retina (@2x)

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    The Export and FTP is identical regardless of the end location.

i have a pages that is index.htm
    If I replace that with /index_htm_files/xr_files.txt, I can see its manifest:

PNG, WebP & Retina (@2x)

Acorn
    Got it. I was going to open all my images in Photoshop and save them as webp files for insertion (eventually when webp imports are allowed) to my site. The rendering is dead easy as it requires no actual work from me. So what I'm going to do now it to open my site constructed with Web Designer Premium in the new Pro+. Then I'll upload it to my domain and it should then have webp files inserted automatically. Magic.
    I'll know for certain in the next hour or so.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___

Well that didn't work Nowt there but JPG's and png files still. I'll have a think about it and maybe knock up another simple site to annex on my current one just to see if it works for a new site

Lynnzer, did you check/tick the Include WebP images in the Web Properties / Website tab in Xara Designer Pro+?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	export.png 
Views:	44 
Size:	82.2 KB 
ID:	129542  
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    Lynnzer, did you check/tick the Include WebP images in the Web Properties / Website tab in Xara Designer Pro+?
    Ah !!!!!
    Will do it again
    Clicked and uploading right now.

I can see webp files being exported so all seems fine. Thanks guys n gals
    Last edited by Lynnzer; 30 April 2021 at 07:20 PM.

Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Well that didn't go well.
    The webp files all got loaded alongside the jpg's and png's and at a hell of a file space saving too.
    However the site was screwed up with almost no images showing, just their placeholders. I could click on one of the placeholders and bring up the linked larger image, but even the image that was part of the menu was missing.
    I tried it in 4 browsers, each with the cache deleted. No better so for now I've reloaded the site without the webp and things work again.
    I'll spend more time on this over the weekend but salmon fishing is next on my agenda

Oh dear! It would help if you could attach your .xar file or part there of so we can see what's happening.
    Good fishing!
    Egg

Oh dear! It would help if you could attach your .xar file or part there of so we can see what's happening.
    Good fishing!
    OK. I'll export to file on my computer though, and send the xar over.

5:30am. Sun is shining, Rain into the river Wear yesterday. Fish on the move. I can only hope.

Oh, the site I'm trying to work with is www.motherofthebrideoutfits.co

It's a bit of a mess already which is why I'm looking to overhaul it with a new template, tidy up links, text, images etc. However as I have an almost identical site I can swap and change things freely and even mess up until I work things out. I know the video clips are eating up lots of download time so that's going to be addressed in my revision.
    Last edited by Lynnzer; 01 May 2021 at 04:59 AM.