Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Apple Ipad woes

Default Apple Ipad woes

I'm just completing a website for a new client, and have run into a problem with displaying a popup layer on an Ipad. The popup works perfectly from my desktop PC, my Android phone, and my wife's Iphone, but does not work on an Ipad.
    The test website resides in a sub-folder of my own website at https://smalltownesolutions.com/zekveld/
    There is a button on the main page that is labelled "COVID-19 info Hover here". On a PC, if you hover your mouse over the button, a popup layer will appear over the slideshow window. Move the mouse away, and the popup hides again. On my Android phone, or an Iphone, touching the button will display the popup, touching it again will hide it again. But it doesn't work on an IPAD!
    Any ideas? As usual, any help will be appreciated.

Regards

Default Re: Apple Ipad woes

Hi STS. Mobiles & iPads don't have mouse-over (hover) effects. They have messed about with these and you can get them to work on a short-click or similar.
    I find it best to use an on-click action rather than depend on a mouse-over
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Thanks Egg, that works. Grateful for the quick response.
    Bob

Hi @sts. Egg is correct. This is a touch on the iPad rather than a click. I have a ton on a museum website and the touch>open pop up works very well.
    -Bill
    Bill Wood
    Charity Web Design
    XARA Pro+. WD17, Designer 17. Premium packages.

Thanks Bill.