Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Text box appearing as graphic online

Hello,

Some texts on my website are appearing as image when published online. Those texts are not selectable from the web browser while some are.
    I looked at the design on Xara again and there was no animation assigned.

Did I missed any setting to make it actual text or wrong formatting?
    I am using Xara Designer Pro X

Any suggestions will help a lot. Thank you!

Tom

Default Re: Text box appearing as graphic online

Hi TT2Ride and welcome to TalkGraphics.

Normally when this happens is because you've grouped the text with an image. Any groups in Xara are exported as an image & therefore of course the text is no longer text.

Check this out first and if you have further issues please get back.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Thank you Egg! I checked and they are not grouped with anything at all. The other thing I noticed was the text boxes might be too close to image. So I moved them away and repost. Same thing. I also changed the line spacing from negative to 0. Same thing.
    Then I tried creating another text box and copy paste as text (from old to new) and it works! Interesting... unless the original text box was something else.

The only way I think we need your xar file or a cut down version of the same.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

@TT2Ride, even the smallest rotation angle of a Text Area results in a graphic.

This a a failing with the Xara approach as CSS3 readily handles rotation:
    <style> .className { transform: rotate(0.5deg); } </style>

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Thanks Egg and Acorn!
    Now for I fixed the problem with new text boxes. In the future I will pay attention to any slight modification to the text box, ie rotation or grouping. Great insight