Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Logo

Default Re: Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    GJ, I have had a look and since you have been sound since joining, I am happy to leave the link.

You have a WordPress site.
    You are not running SSH.
    You have enough Cookies to fatten a pig.

I don't know what will draw your audience but good luck.
    It would be great if we could build something and just let the money roll in.

Acorn
    I thank you Acorn for leaving the link. Yes I admit right off the top it is not an Xara site but I did not build it as I would have no clue how to take and build a e-commerce site in Xara. As far as the SSH that will be taken care of next day or so and as to the cookies you know more about that than I do as I have no clue how to tell how many cookies it has in the 1st place. As I said in my previous post I had no thoughts of turning this into a contest but I sure do appreciate the excellent work that all of you have done now comes the hard part choosing one. Thanks to each and all of you.

It would help if you pointed to something you like so we can offer ideas. Mine, for instance, is rather childish and doesn't suit the software you have on the site. I'm also not sure if the 5 circles in the header is something you want to use or a generic one that came with the site template.

On a personal note: this is the type of thing I go 'ooh, I have an idea' or I hear crickets, shrug, read the next thread and forget all about it. A very casual toss it out there affair, no expectations

Quote Originally Posted by Chris M View Post
    It would help if you pointed to something you like so we can offer ideas. Mine, for instance, is rather childish and doesn't suit the software you have on the site. I'm also not sure if the 5 circles in the header is something you want to use or a generic one that came with the site template.

On a personal note: this is the type of thing I go 'ooh, I have an idea' or I hear crickets, shrug, read the next thread and forget all about it. A very casual toss it out there affair, no expectations
    I'll be 100% honest I like all of them, but it's a tossup between yours Chris and Eggs and at this point I'm not sure which one of the 2 I will use.

Sad face. So Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FF.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	53.1 KB 
ID:	129510 didn't even make the cut!

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Sad face. So Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FF.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	53.1 KB 
ID:	129510 didn't even make the cut!

Acorn
    Acorn, I didn't say that the problem is you all gave me some tough choices so yes it did make the cut. My problem is I can only choose one as I only have one website for this. To be honest I kind of feel like a heel now as you guys have pitched right in and basically given me logos for the taking when I knew if I went on fivver I would have to pay for one and expected the same here. Whichever one I do take I will pay the artist one way or another. Thank you to all of you.

Quote Originally Posted by Gypsyjoe View Post
    Acorn, I didn't say that the problem is you all gave me some tough choices so yes it did make the cut. My problem is I can only choose one as I only have one website for this. To be honest I kind of feel like a heel now as you guys have pitched right in and basically given me logos for the taking when I knew if I went on fivver I would have to pay for one and expected the same here. Whichever one I do take I will pay the artist one way or another. Thank you to all of you.
    I doubt any of us want payment at all. The logos were all provided gratis.
    I prefer minimal (even the colours were a force)! Egg loves a flounce and Chris just turns up.

We wouldn't Post if we didn't enjoy.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

I doubt any of us want payment at all. The logos were all provided gratis.
    I prefer minimal (even the colours were a force)! Egg loves a flounce and Chris just turns up.

We wouldn't Post if we didn't enjoy.

Acorn
    I understand that Acorn, but I also understand that most everyone on here that does this sort of thing does it for a living. And I am more than appreciative. I think I'm going to end up going with eggs just because it's so unique but you guys make a very difficult decision of it, mainly because they are all excellent. I think the reason I will go with eggs is for branding purposes, I think it would be very memorable. It is thanks to you guys that I have several websites that were done with Xara, because when I had questions that I had no answers for you, egg and Gary made my websites possible. I thank all of you so much for making these things possible for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris M View Post

You are right Chris the one in the header with the 5 circles is one that came with the site and I have no intentions of keeping it. I think it looks cheesy. One thing I've found is everyone on here is very professional and can do far better than that. I thank you for taking the time to create one. It is thanks to you guys here on Talk Graphics that I do have the websites I have, I am not the brightest color in the box and without Talk Graphics my websites wouldn't exist. This is actually the 3rd logo that has been done, the 1st one I created myself for a friend, and you guys on here critiqued it for me, definitely wasn't the best. The 2nd one was for one of my websites I came on here and showed my ideas and got some definite help, in the end I created it myself but with ideas I gained here. The 3rd one which is the one that is being done now I had no clue what to do with it as it is just 3 words My Friday Freebies and I could see nothing for it in my own mind. And thanks to the 3 of you I have 3 very viable options. I think I'm going to go with eggs only because of branding. I think his will be very memorable and for that reason if it's all right with him I will end up using it. I must say I thank all 3 of you.

Body of work:
    Brain said 'free as a bird' open hands bird flies away.
    Search for images 'free as a bird', 'freebie', even 'freebie Friday'.
    Somewhere saw the clichéd free-bee.
    Drew it, added Friday in Spongebob font.
    Ate dinner.

I don't want you running away with the thought I toiled for hours wracking brain cells and wearing pencils out.

Just to update peeps, here's the final animated logo:

LINK
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host