Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Bug New Image Filenaming Feature - #IV

Dear Xara...

...I am underwhelmed by the total lack of response to a serious defect in your Image Filename feature.

I have completed a simple exercise for you to respond to now finding that the creation of Image Filenames is dependent on where the image happens to be.
    This is clearly unworkable as no subsequent access and usage of an expected filename can be assured.

I created three identical Grouped items, called Ducks, and placed them all on the X-axis (X=0).
    Each was given a different Image Filename.

The Preview/Export/Publish HTML of Lined up.xar reveals only the first Image Filename is applied to all three Ducks.

I moved the third Duck 0.67px right (X=0.67), Quacked ahead.xar now reveals the third Image Filename.

Only when I have all three Ducks at non-integer co-ordinates, Staggered Quacks.xar, do we see all three images rendered with the right filename.

Sadly, put the Ducks onto integer co-ordinates and the last two go AWOL, Stepping Out.xar

This, together with the random numbering of images even when they are exact clones, makes a total mockery of this feature's expectations.

Will you please address this immediately.
    A response will be welcome but is not expected to acknowledging there are ISSUES.

Perhaps you might add a klaxon warning in the next release should people accidently place thing on integer co-ordinates?

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Default Re: New Image Filenaming Feature - #IV

Yes I agree this is very odd behaviour. It appears that Xara see's your first identical image as No1 image and identical images, whether named differently are ignored. I can't understand why moving an image to non-interger positions should break this filename. I can understand that changing the size would create a new image name.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Default Re: New Image Filenaming Feature - #IV

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    Yes I agree this is very odd behaviour. It appears that Xara see's your first identical image as No1 image and identical images, whether named differently are ignored. I can't understand why moving an image to non-interger positions should break this filename. I can understand that changing the size would create a new image name.
    Egg, if you examine Xara's code, even a dimension change, rotation or squish/ squash need a different filename either.

Similarly, identical Bullets are also being compromised.

See my prior Threads with the same name.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat