Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Question How to update juste one page on my website ?

Hello everyone !

I made researchs on google, ended up on this forum, searched here, and I still don't get the answer to my question
    So forgive me if it has already been posted, maybe my keywords weren't perfectly chosen (I'm French).

So here is my problem : I am making a website with Xara Designer Pro X, I have 25 pages on the right, and I sometimes have to make changes on one single page.
    When I publish, the case "Fast publish (only changed files)" is checked, but yet I can see that all the pages are sent online, and it takes a loooooooooooong time.

I was sure there MUST be a quicker way of publishing only one page, but I can't find it... But I'm starting to think there is not...

Can someone please help me with this ?

Thank you very much !
    Nath

Default Re: How to update juste one page on my website ?

Hello Youpidouw & welcome to Talk Graphics. There's no simple way to do this. Fast Publish should only publish pages with amendments.You say so looooooong. How long is this and what internet speed do you have?
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Thank you for your answer.
    I'm talking about 4-5 min waiting to see it online, but I don't think it's the "exporting on the web" that is so long, I think it's when the website is "preparind itself" before publishing :
    - I click on the publish button
    - I can't do anyting during about 3 min 30 because "converting document for export" takes that long (I just checked it)
    - THEN I can see on the top right corner that every page is going online, which is only 15 seconds.

My internet speed is very good (41Mbit/s down and 23Mbit/s up), I changed my hard disk to a SSD a month ago

This thing is driving me crazy because sometimes I just want to correct a few words on a page and see it updated "RIGHT NOW", and these 5 min waiting, I end up doing something else, scrolling, on my phone, reading a mail, etc, and I sometimes don't even remember what I was correcting !
    Maybe even if I only change 1 page, the whole files sees an update and sends everything again ?
    Maybe I have done something wrong ?

No I don't think you've done anything wrong. How many pages do you have on the site?
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

I have 25 pages... Each one with lots of photos and texts (it's for a holiday house rental, so we've got 4 pages for the houses, and each one exists in 4 languages...).

Quote Originally Posted by Youpidouw View Post
    I have 25 pages... Each one with lots of photos and texts (it's for a holiday house rental, so we've got 4 pages for the houses, and each one exists in 4 languages...).
    Have you Optimised All Images? This might help with the internal RAM usage and generation times.

The Fast Publish of 15 seconds is right. Even if an HTM file is showing it is not necessarily being uploaded.

Give all of your large images meaningful Image Filenames. This will stop them being republished as a different Xara numeric filename each time. I don't think this happening here but it is good for SEO, which you probably need.

I do remedial paid work for Xara Websites and have completed an international one with multiple languages. Generation times were never dramatic, usually 35 seconds but I worked hard on images and MP4 to tweak its ranking with Lighthouse.
    You could open your browser Dev Tools > Lighthouse and see what is says, particularly around image file sizes.

Acorn
    Last edited by Acorn; 23 April 2021 at 07:56 PM.
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat