Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: The start of the line moves away

Sometimes a document gets corrupted and odd things happen. It is always a good idea to open a new document and see if the problem is still happening.

I do not know why this is happening. Sometimes doing several different things can cause a document to get corrupted and it is really hard to determine exactly what the cause is.

Have you tried holding the shift key and selecting both photo and line, then you can select the line node and move it until you get a large + on your photo, this will allow you to connect both.

EDIT: i reread your post and the problem you are experiencing should not be happening at all.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    Sometimes a document gets corrupted and odd things happen. It is always a good idea to open a new document and see if the problem is still happening.

I do not know why this is happening. Sometimes doing several different things can cause a document to get corrupted and it is really hard to determine exactly what the cause is.
    Hello again and thank you for your help!

I think you are right, I have taken both image and drawings from one of the "old" files to a new document, then I do not have any trouble with starting the lines where I want.

So, maybe it is not a setting (as I thought) and my files are getting corrupted, I wonder why it happens, but at least creating a new document and copy-pasting the content from the old one might allow me to work more or less, normally.

Thank you again for your help!

Best regards, M.-

Quote Originally Posted by wizard509 View Post
    Have you tried holding the shift key and selecting both photo and line, then you can select the line node and move it until you get a large + on your photo, this will allow you to connect both.

EDIT: i reread your post and the problem you are experiencing should not be happening at all.
    Hello!

Thank you for your answer! And thank you for the tip. The drawing is on the top of the picture and when I use shift and select both it allows me, apparently, to rotate and change the size, but not to connect them. I will read a little bit about it to figure out what I am doing wrong and keep trying.

Best regards, M.-

it's possible that you were not starting a new line, but continuing one that had not been terminated correctly, that would cause the line to move to where is thought it should continue from; if there is no other line visible where it moved to, then it may be a program corruption maybe a previous line not having been deleted correctly or somehow made 100% transparent

but as gary said, sometimes you just don't know...
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    it's possible that you were not starting a new line, but continuing one that had not been terminated correctly, that would cause the line to move to where is thought it should continue from; if there is no other line visible where it moved to, then it may be a program corruption maybe a previous line not having been deleted correctly or somehow made 100% transparent

but as gary said, sometimes you just don't know...
    Hello!

Thank you for your help! But very often there was not any previous line to the one that I was creating.

Best regards, M.-

but it only happened in the one document right ?

I was just suggesting what might have caused that document to become corrupted
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by Skalunda View Post
    Hello!

Thank you for your answer! And thank you for the tip. The drawing is on the top of the picture and when I use shift and select both it allows me, apparently, to rotate and change the size, but not to connect them. I will read a little bit about it to figure out what I am doing wrong and keep trying.

Best regards, M.-

Perhaps you are not getting both selected try using the selector tool and make sure you are selecting both sometimes this can be a little tricky to get both selected, first press esc key to unselect every thing before proceeding after the selections are made then switch to the shape tool if still having trouble please send your xar for us to check.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    but it only happened in the one document right ?

I was just suggesting what might have caused that document to become corrupted

Hello,

Thank you, somebody suggested this earlier today, and I think he or she (and so you) are right.

However, it did not happen just in one document. But knowing the problem is also now easier (as I commented to him or her) to open a new document and keep working, so it is what I will do.

Best regards, M.-

Quote Originally Posted by wizard509 View Post
    Perhaps you are not getting both selected try using the selector tool and make sure you are selecting both sometimes this can be a little tricky to get both selected, first press esc key to unselect every thing before proceeding after the selections are made then switch to the shape tool if still having trouble please send your xar for us to check.
    Hello again!

Thank you again, and thank you for the extra explanations. I will do as you suggest.

Best regards, M.-