Quote Originally Posted by Initiostar View Post
I thought the Island Waterways website would be good test for extending Audio Plugin v3 to accommodate auto-display of information directly related to the songwriter, such as the words, chords, references and any related videos.

I've combined the ideas from the Audio Player with some of the ideas from the Video Player. The key task is to ensure that one has an effective toggle between audio and video and that one does not play over the other.

All the audio and video content is stored on a secure server, only the links are in the Xara design file. The supporting material for each song has a Class Name and each class has its own layer in the design file. There would be just 27 pages to cover all the songs structured in alphabetic groups, each letter with its own page plus a page for 0-9.

It has ultimate flexibility; the links can be a list as in the example, album covers or anything of the designer's choice : Audio Visual Plugin v1

Still very much Work-in-Progress; the code needs some rework, but it seems to work well. It's not an off-the-shelf plugin by any means, but the designer has a library of prebuilt audio and video functions, such as start (load), play and pause for audio and video.

Jukebox-v4.xar

Gary

BTW the latest video plugins:
Wow! This is certainly an impressive and user-friendly way of accessing the type of information I have on my site. It's a much more modern approach to that which exists now - but which was first devised 15 or more years ago when my understanding of HTML was limited (much like it is now). I look forward to seeing it develop and seeing if I can update my site more than I originally planned.

IanB