Hi

I have run an extensive website over the last 15 years or more called 'Songs of the Inland Waterways' which has the lyrics of approximately 300 songs related to the UK canal system. It contains hundreds of audio files and increasingly videos (some are just YouTube links but others are contained within the site so that I have a copy should they 'disappear').

Pages were created when the need arose using Dreamweaver 8 and basic HTML about which I know a bit but not too much.

So that I can achieve the desired page designs I've started re-doing pages using Xara Designer Pro X(v18). I've got a couple of pages done (the first two on the alphabetical A page) and have placed them in a sub-sub-folder of the main site /Xara/Songs_A/. This means my original HTML versions still exist in the main folder in case they have been linked to from elsewhere.

Eventually, here's the question : What would be the best way to structure the Xara subfolder? The options would seem to range from a Xara file containing every song (clearly unmanageable) to a separate Xara file for each separate song. At the moment I'm thinking of putting about 10 songs maximum in each Xara file and using sub-folders such as Xara/Songs_B1-10/ or Xara/Songs_M11-20/

Does this seem like a good idea or is there a much better way? Though each song page on the site is similar they are by no means identical and I don't want to have to learn any new programming language or use a database. I want the flexibilty of being able to create the pages with XDPX and am just seeking the best way to store them.

Thanks for all the help I've had previously.

Regards,
Ian