Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: looking for a way to animate 16 png files, crop too, swiftly in Xara designer

I really don't unerstand what your requirements are here? What are your gifs supposed to be achieving? You talk about screen grabs, scanners , eyeballs .....

I can now place drawings by hand into flatbed scanner, then scan and crop using HP printer software and try some basic animation. But perhaps animation of a comic, changing eyeballs and eye brows and mouth only, perhaps a second process of this with cropping (not flipbook style) could be worked on.

Egg, may I suggest you change Windows resolution, or change the render output of your videos to MP4 or mkv or something or ensure you have HD enabled.
    My videos are full HD, it's not my videos that are low quality, it's your very poor animated gif. Check the resolution of the Xara background images.

notes on forum attachments:
    This forum seems to crop and resize attachments.
    The forum sets the maximum image size to 800px, so resize your attachments to match this width.

some screen shots of important steps from Egg's video or the Xara features I did not know about.
    Mint, TG is all about self help and I'm only glad to know I'm being of assistance
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Default Re: looking for a way to animate 16 png files, crop too, swiftly in Xara designer

gif is the only way to animate in XARA? Is there another way to animate this? reread your post.
    I'll try to reply to this later but firstly I think it would be of great assistance if you explained exactly what your wanting to use these gifs for?
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Quote Originally Posted by mintintegral18 View Post
    gif is the only way to animate in XARA? Is there another way to animate this? reread your post.
    i'll get back to you on that one
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

1. Animating a statistics charts, trend lines over scatter plots, trends over time. I thought you mentioned something, "I would know the value of such a gif unless it was for software promotion, neither would I do this animation as a gif." What other way can this be done?

2. Can Xara do this? zooms, horizontal pans
    like these features that come with Predator movie DVD.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MjrBdMUl7d4 (not the beginning 3-d rolling ball intro)
    inserting same link here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MjrBdMUl7d4

do you fancy digging your garden with a teaspoon ?

no, that is not what xara does; to do that you need an animation program [toonboom harmony will do it] - but first remember that no program actually does any of this [bar the tween/morph/FX], you do it using the tools the program provides, and you need to learn the skills that are needed to visualise and impliment it - you need to be able to think in terms of camera pans coupled with layered z-space, not just x and y; no disrespect, but if you already understand this, you would not be asking the question...

xara is not an animation program in that sense - it is a design program which has animation capability oriented in the main towards making graphics for websites

I know egg uses an SVG animation program, he may have been thinking that would be better for your project, but that is for him to confirm...
    Nothing lasts forever...

All a gif is, is a series of images. There is no tweening. You can zoom & pan but as these are made up of a series of images they will be very jerky. As HD states I use svgator to create animations that do tween smoothly but this has restrictions also.

From your supplied animation it looks like you are taking screen grabs of some other software. I'd suggest using screen capture software (Screencast-o-Matic or similar) for this, far to much hard work creating a meaningless gif
    Egg

stop motion in fact...

yu want to make a film digitally, clip or otherwise, you need film making software
    Nothing lasts forever...

xara will export animation tweened as avi... but for the OP project I think paul's way of gradually revealing/hiding with masks to make the changes smooth would be better than tweening
    Nothing lasts forever...

I would start afresh and recreate the animated chart as a transitional/supersite plugin: https://initiostar.co.uk/demo/chart/..._xr_page_chart

You can create any chart with your own data this way, have next and previous buttons and a toggle auto-play, much the same way as an animated presentation.

You can change from a toggle auto-play to full cycle automation with a minor adjustment to the javascript in the Website HTML (body); otherwise you can built all sorts of on-page animations.

Toggle Auto-Play below requires a button with this link: javascript:void(toggleScroll());

HTML Code:
    <script>
    curScrollInterval=null;
    function toggleScroll(){if(curScrollInterval){clearInterval(curScrollInterval);curScrollInterval=null;}else{curScrollInterval=setInterval(function(){xr_spapp((xr_curp+1)%xr_spapn);},3000);}}
    </script>
    Otherwise for full-auto remove the above and replace with:

HTML Code:
    <script>
    setInterval(function(){xr_spapp((xr_curp+1)%xr_spapn);},6000);
    </script>
    The time intervals in the above code 3000/6000 can be changed to suit.

Animated Charts.xar

This Xara file would be published to the SAME directory as your main site and would appear in this case as "chart.htm". From there you would create a placeholder (proportionally with the same height and width) and embed that page in it.

You can of course covert the full animation to an MP4 video too.

Gary

mp4 is the way to go for web...
    Nothing lasts forever...