Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: QR Code in SVG

Info QR Code in SVG

Xara has failed to update the QR Code Widget that I FAILed back in 2015: https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...-Scaling-Fails.

While I could delivery a Website Editable Widget, I have chosen to implement one that is not dependent on a Third Party, browser, W10 or indeed Xara.

QR Code.zip
    Unzio and run the design file.
    The payload of this is trivial.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Default Re: QR Code in SVG

Very clean Acorn. Gone in my website-goodies folder
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

What am I missing here. Scan the QR code with your smart phone and it goes to the website I have entered.

To be sure the widget is not very well explained, but it worked for me.

OK. I take that back. At first it went to my website but now it gets co-opted and goes to the Xara website.

Never mind.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	What problem.png 
Views:	47 
Size:	67.7 KB 
ID:	129451  

Info Re: QR Code in SVG

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    What am I missing here. Scan the QR code with your smart phone and it goes to the website I have entered.
    To be sure the widget is not very well explained, but it worked for me.
    OK. I take that back. At first it went to my website but now it gets co-opted and goes to the Xara website.
    Never mind.
    The Xara Widget does not scale and is not vector.

It is an embarrassment that Xara (Professional+, Professional & Premium) has let it fester for so long.

I can replace the current Widget in under seven minutes. Xara has failed in seven years.

Acorn

Just did:

Code:
    <XaraWidget><WidgetName>MS Edge - QR Code Generator</WidgetName>
    <CreateURL>microsoft-edge:https://qrd.by/#text</CreateURL>
    <BrowserWidth>480</BrowserWidth>
    <BrowserHeight>128</BrowserHeight>
    <WidgetHelp>
    Help
    </WidgetHelp>
    </XaraWidget>
    I would have to write the Help Instructions but it works.
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

I can replace the current Widget in under seven minutes. Xara has failed in seven years.
    As I have said ad nauseam, Xara would be the app to beat if only they looked at every feature and decided what to keep and what to cut (Bitmap tracer, for example) and focused on making each existing feature better. For example, having an out version of every effect in the Web Animation transitions.
    But they don't. They devote too much time to coming up with new features that most will not remember or use and leave orphans of all the really good features they have introduced and forgotten.

There is really no reason for a QR code to be SVG. It is not meant to be scaled but even if it is, if it can still be scanned that is all that matters.

whilst I agree in principle with what you say gary it is never that simple... a web designer, a graphics designer, a cartoonist, an animator, may all have their own list of what is worth keeping and what is not

I still use the greyscale bitmap tracer in xara [the rest of that tool is pretty grim sure]; if it disappeared then yet more of my workflow would get ported elsewhere.....
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

There is really no reason for a QR code to be SVG. It is not meant to be scaled but even if it is, if it can still be scanned that is all that matters.
    Gary, the largest the Widget can deliver is 550px. Not very useful for a poster print.

Why would you be happy with a fuzzy looking image? Why waste effort rendering as an image? XDAs are mainly vector based.

Acorn

Acorn - If ever I have the need for a vector version of a QR code, I will know where to turn.

Or go to QR Code Monkey and create a QR code, SVG with a logo (I used a generic but you can upload your own logo).
    Attached Files Attached Files

Acorn - If ever I have the need for a vector version of a QR code, I will know where to turn.
    Or go to QR Code Monkey and create a QR code, SVG with a logo (I used a generic but you can upload your own logo).
    Gary, QRCode monkey is useful and presents a worthy API for advanced generation.

In picking it, you however miss out in creating 3D Stereogram QR Codes:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gary.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	142.9 KB 
ID:	129464

Only kidding!

Acorn

Ah, I can see it Acorn. It's a Manati!
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host