Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Fanatical Creativity Bundle

Fanatical.com have a Creativity bundle https://www.fanatical.com/en/bundle/...undle-by-magix at the moment that includes XP&GD, which states explicitly that it includes the UPDATE SERVICE.

If I purchase this bundle, will my Fallback version be V18, as this is the version available when I register?

I know one or two people have tried this in the past ... what was the outcome?
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Default Re: Fanatical Creativity Bundle

Quote Originally Posted by ss-kalm View Post
    Fanatical.com have a Creativity bundle https://www.fanatical.com/en/bundle/...undle-by-magix at the moment that includes XP&GD, which states explicitly that it includes the UPDATE SERVICE.
    If I purchase this bundle, will my Fallback version be V18, as this is the version available when I register?
    I know one or two people have tried this in the past ... what was the outcome?
    Keith, I think I disagree. The only place the "UPDATE SERVICE" appears is the sticker on the product dustjacket. It is not covered elsewhere.

What I think you get is a version that is not updatable and does not see any of the promised sub-version updates in your year on Online Content Catalog [sic] access.

I believe you are stuck with that version and one year of on-line access to components. After that, you still have the products but no on-line access.
    If you don't Download All locally, you lose a lot of fundamental stull, especially in XWD.

There is also nothing to indicate you are getting version 18.

At £25 it is cheap so expect similar.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

You're right, I did only see it on the dust cover (although it does say access for one year to the online content catalogue).

That's pretty much what I thought would happen too. Also, the version that is shown is V16 (I think), however, the last one I purchased was 15.0, so at the very least I avoid squishy/squashy. I have emailed Fanatical Support to confirm the version in the offer. I'll keep you posted.
    Keith
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

fyi - when i bought xdpx15.1 as a humblebundle I did not get the update service
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Did you get the Online Catalogue Content?
    Keith

yes
    Nothing lasts forever...

In that case, I don't see a great deal of point spending C$37.75 to get a handful of programs I don't want and just get an upgrade to a Version I already have (until I reinstall).

Historically an Magix supplied upgrade has been C$39.99 ... now we're up to $54.99 ... it's quite a lot to pay for very little actual new (useful) content. I think I'll stick with the version I have.

I will still confirm which version is in the FANATICAL bundle once I find out.
    Keith

for me, my bundle allowed me to get ver 15.1 for £25 - the rest of the bundle was irrelevant, although I was able to pass two porograms on - for me as an upgrade from ver 12 it was worth it
    Nothing lasts forever...

FANATICAL have confirmed that the XP&GD version in the BUNDLE is 16. I have asked about the UPDATE SERVICE, but don't hold out much hope it's included ... Again, I'll let you know when I know.
    Keith

I have just received this from Fanatical ...

"Hi Keith

We've received confirmation that XARA Photo & Graphic Designer 16 does come with the "Update Service"."
    Keith