Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default URL link not working on hosted website

URL link not working on hosted website, but works fine when previewed from Xara in all browsers. When I try clicking on it in any browser directly nothing happens. The url is https://www.etc etc.
    If I copy and paste into browser it works ok.
    Any ideas please?

Default Re: URL link not working on hosted website

I'd suggest you hosted site is not updating. When you view it from a browser hit Ctrl+F5 to ensure you're not uploading from your computers cache.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Phill, I tried several times in several ways but could not open it I'm sure someone else here can help.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Phill,
    The url is https://www.etc etc.
    is not a valid url ???
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    Phill,

is not a valid url ???
    No that was really just to illustrate the format. The actual url is https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/2608078

@Phill, you will probably have some object overlapping the link text, especially if you have designed a button wrongly.

Select the link object and Bring to Front.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    I'd suggest you hosted site is not updating. When you view it from a browser hit Ctrl+F5 to ensure you're not uploading from your computers cache.
    Tried Ctrl+F5 and it still opens ok in browser. I suspect the problem is with the hosting co as I have had many issues with them as they reply in a sort of "canned response" way with strange english grammar and wording which indicates English is not their first language.

Phill, it's so much easier to diagnose a fault if you suply a web/xar file. It doesn't need the whole site, just a copy of the page that's giving you issues
    Egg