Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Photo refresher

Default Re: Photo refresher

I find the BACKGROUND ERASER almost foolproof, but I went to the SELECT COLORS TO ENHANCE to try and do it better. On a white background it looks like it did a great job until you compare the two and then move off the white background. The background erase did just that ... the select colors to enhance seems to have deleted most of the shirt colors too. Obviously not FOOLPROOF enough (either that or I'm a really good fool) ... in my personal experience, the background erase is almost as quick to use and does a far better job.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2021.04.17_20h25m46s_001_.png 
Views:	65 
Size:	178.1 KB 
ID:	129422
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

The spade and circle took 4 minutes, the tree 6 minutes. Both done with the Shape Tool and can be resized, joined and exported as whatever.

The symmetrical shapes are all in 2 halves and I didn't do the text as bending text to curves in Xara is one of those things that I can never seem to achieve effectively.

>>> bwood graphics.web <<<

Another tip, higher resolution images work better.

With text on a curve Chris.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

I instinctively draw a text box (area) as opposed to a text line. Then I forget to centre it. Want to have the text bend the other way, or have it on the top and bottom half of a circle?....YouTube and several hours go missing before I send a tear stained email to my designer friend who sends me exactly what I want within 2 minutes. I then have to go around to her place with a 6 pack of donuts...I regret the day we started that tradition.

I passed a lazy hour and redrew the graphics on your home page, with one cheat...I used Egg's bent text, no need to alter what's workin'

>>> bwood graphics.xar <<<

Thank You Keith. I’ll be using background erase. The erase function worked very well on the photo above, and the logos sent to me are proprietary. Don’t want to mess with corporate when you can. The logo on the right is corporate, and the blocked logo in the middle is homemade. I’ll erase the white on the right jpeg, and with the homemade logo in the middle is the one I think I’ll carve up.
    It’s a challenge working with number of jpegs, pngs, and images that arise from multiple social media platforms. Interesting discussion, many thanks for the tips.
    -Bill
    Bill Wood
    Charity Web Design
    XARA Pro+. WD17, Designer 17. Premium packages.

Brilliant. Thank You Keith, Chris, Egg and Gary.
    -Bill
    Last edited by bwood; 18 April 2021 at 08:20 PM.
    Bill Wood
    Charity Web Design

@egg. That tutorial is awesome Egg. So many tips, so little time. I’ll await your digital book!
    W
    Bill Wood
    Charity Web Design

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    I prefer to trace with the Shape Tool first but secondly I like to use the Select Colours to Enhance method. I find the eraser tool very clumbsy.

Egg - your exercise was outstanding. Appreciate the effort you made to make it. I ended up with a slight snag though. As you can see the background of the completed logo took on the background of the photo. I can't understand why, because the logo was worked on a different file. I'll have to redo and take the pristine logo and start again with a clean file. Some of my editing must have been done on the canvass. Photo is stretched full width.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bg attached to the logo.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	59.8 KB 
ID:	129440
    Bill Wood
    Charity Web Design