Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Info Universal Windows Platform Applications from a Link

I was looking at how to launch MS Edge from a URL and in MS W10 is is actually possible.
    In Xara you would change the URL https://www.talkgraphics.com to microsoft-edge:https://www.talkgraphics.com.

The following design file summaries what I have found so far:
    UWP APP Links.xar

The icons off the page are helpers for you and your workflows. They are not for adding to a website.
    You need Windows 10. If you use the MS Edge and MS Office ones you need for them to be installed!

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Default Re: Universal Windows Platform Applications from a Link

That's quite cool, Acorn! One comment: Perhaps it is because I use XWDP 17, but I had to slide the icons into the work area in order for them to show up on the preview export (specifically, to the right hand side so as not to be covered by the text box). Once I did that, it worked like a dream. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by gcellison View Post
    That's quite cool, Acorn! One comment: Perhaps it is because I use XWDP 17, but I had to slide the icons into the work area in order for them to show up on the preview export (specifically, to the right hand side so as not to be covered by the text box). Once I did that, it worked like a dream. Thanks!
    You missed the point that they are helpers when you are designing. They are off page for that reason. Yes they work in Preview but you are adding another step. In design, Select one and in the popup click the link. You than don't get the Are you sure? challenge.

All the URLs take parameters. It is knowing which will work. The TG one is sensible but again the recipient needs Edge and W10.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Yeah, you're right, Acorn. Sorry. In my haste and excitement, I didn't reread the last part of your original post. Still, it did work well when I brought them all over to the page area, so it is a useful addition to our tools. Kudos.

Quote Originally Posted by gcellison View Post
    Yeah, you're right, Acorn. Sorry. In my haste and excitement, I didn't reread the last part of your original post. Still, it did work well when I brought them all over to the page area, so it is a useful addition to our tools. Kudos.
    I suppose you could publish it for personal use then you have a web page of helpers.

Cheers.

Acorn

Had a quick look Acorn and most links work but others don't. I've marked them with an 'X'.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Egg, the failed ones may be occurring because you do not have them installed.

ms-search & ms-cortana may not be working if you have disabled Cortana.
    Win+G should activate the Microsoft Gamesbar.

Acorn

Egg, the failed ones may be occurring because you do not have them installed.
    Thought that may be the case.
    ms-search & ms-cortana may not be working if you have disabled Cortana.
    Win+G should activate the Microsoft Gamesbar.
    Cortana is disabled at start up. MS-Search may well be too. I use 'everything'.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

The MS-Video leads to MS Store
    Egg

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    Thought that may be the case.
    Cortana is disabled at start up. MS-Search may well be too. I use 'everything'.
    'Everything' (https://www.voidtools.com) is one of the best finds ever!

AFAICT ms-search & ms-cortana access the same app.

Acorn
    Last edited by Acorn; 16 April 2021 at 10:38 PM.