Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Text cut in wood

Here are a few more details. The embossed text is brown, the emboss grouped, and Multiply transparency applied.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	more info.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	84.7 KB 
ID:	129409  

Hey Wizard, I like your idea, just isn't right for this project.

Thank you for the added details! I'll see try them to the best of my understanding and see how it comes out.

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    Here's how I would do it.

Gary I took apart your xar and was very impressed with how you did it.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Gary, I missed the link to the xar on the first post. Downloaded it now - Thanks.

I worked with Gary's Xar a little and the pics are posted below for the cutout. The Sofa's and Loveseats is the cut/recessed into the wood part. Mine is not as prominent or as realistic as Gary's - the gray one is probably better but I'd like opinions on the purple and gray. In Gary's the Xar the shadowing is seperate letters to achive that effect. I want to reuse this add for multiple types of furniture. If you take Gary's xar and do a search and replace for the text "Friends" with replacing with something else, all the text in the multiple group levels will be replaced except of course for the effect that uses seperate letters. I did a shadowing on my own with the entire word so it would also be replaced in the search and replace. I had to do some color changing, and I'm not that good at these things, so I used everything from Gary's xar and tried to make changes as best I could. I had to delete off the group with the seperate letters. Another change from the original ad is that the child was in an oval, now on the wood transparencied on the edges to have a more painted in wood faded to edges look. I think some subtle brush strokes would enhance it. I tried but wasn't succesful if anyone wants to make suggestions. Your opinions and suggestions are appreciated! Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ashleybanner-home-sofas3.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	150.7 KB 
ID:	129432 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ashleybanner-home-sofas4.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	151.2 KB 
ID:	129433

I love it.