Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Blurry Slideshow Images

I added the content below to a previously answered thread, so I thought it might be overlooked unless I posted it as a new thread. Re-posting here...

I've designed some images (text and graphics) to be imported to a slideshow (Fade Slideshow Widget). The slides are composed of a shaded background rectangle, and text and/or images on top - all in the same layer. I have not grouped the text or images, just exported the whole page (or alternatively the page content only) as either jpg or png using default parameters. The images look clear and crisp when I display them in Windows Explorer and Office Picture Manager, but appear fuzzy when displayed on my website in the slideshow. I design the slide images to be the dimensions required for the eventual slideshow, so they're not scaled when they're imported to the slideshow. Any help will be appreciated.

Default Re: Blurry Slideshow Images

I added the content below
    There's o content below STS and it would help if we had a url of the slideshow to compare
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

I loaded the standard Fade Slideshow Widget and all the images were 700x300px @96dpi --> 300kB or thereabouts.
    In edit mode, the same images are 700x466px and optimised so seem to have very small file sizes.

I dragged and dropped my images onto the existing ones and their original file size was retained.

My suggestion is therefore to drop your images into a blank Photo template so they render full size and at 96dpi.
    Then add your text as Text inside or just Group and save as PNG.

Yes it could be a massive file but when dropped onto the slide you want, it is rescaled just for the slider.

Thereafter if you upscale the slider itself, the images have enough resolution to never go fuzzy.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Hmmm.. My followup post doesn't seem to be here. I provided a url to a test site that just contains a slideshow and separately, the images that are in the slideshow to show the difference in resolution. I'll try again. The url is https://www.smalltownesolutions.com/slideshowtest/

Quote Originally Posted by STS View Post
    Hmmm.. My followup post doesn't seem to be here. I provided a url to a test site that just contains a slideshow and separately, the images that are in the slideshow to show the difference in resolution. I'll try again. The url is https://www.smalltownesolutions.com/slideshowtest/
    Thanks for the link.
    Your design has some 14 data:base64 images that seem to be corrupt.

Your XDA might therefore not be set up properly. Can you open it with Run as administrator, just the once.

The slideshow images are 2, 3, 4 & 9 and all are 358x272px.
    Their masters, 5, 6, 7 &10, are 500x380px or close to so your sliders ought to be good enough.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Just in passing, I rebuilt this very Slideshow in https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...752#post635752.

Acorn

@Acorn

And you gave the help to create sliders with an embedded supersite / website with transitions: Text is always Text!

Full Auto Simple Slider: https://initiostar.co.uk/demo/autoSl...xr_page_intro3

Slider Next, Prev & Play/Pause Button (the latter from Siran) https://initiostar.co.uk/demo/simple..._xr_page_intro

Gary