Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Website when viewed on mobile not center aligned

Hello,

I use Xara Designer Pro X to make websites. I use websites from the Xara Content Catalogue, which I have done several times with no problems. But the latest website, again, using one from the Content Catelogue, was working fine for both Desktop and Moblie version browsers until the mobile version, the website was not centred anymore. I went back to the original file from the Content Catelague and tested it, and it worked fine in the browsers. Going back to the website that I was building, I backtrack it to where the problem began. But I cannot see why this problem happens? I searched everywhere on the website to see if I had placed anything outside the borders of the website's size (desktop and mobile), and I cannot see the problem?

Has anyone ever had this problem and was able to resolve it?

Attach is a pic of the mobile site, not aligned when I view it in the browser on my phone (iPhone 11)

Thanks,

eric
    Attached Files Attached Files

Default Re: Website when viewed on mobile not center aligned

Welcome to TalkGraphics Eric,

Have you a url we can view your site?
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Yes Eric looking at that on my iPhone also has a horizontal scrollbar. This is being created by the mobile menu which extends off the page
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	export.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	90.6 KB 
ID:	129390  
    Last edited by Egg Bramhill; 14 April 2021 at 06:46 PM.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Hi Bramhill,

When you say, it "is being created by the mobile menu which extends off the page" is it because something is there on the outside of the mobile version? I looked everywhere and I cannot see it. Or do you mean something else - can you explain, please?

Thanks,

eric

Have a look at the screengrab above. The navbar extends outside the webpage for the mobile variant. Try moving the navbar to the left hand side of the page which will give it more space to display. You may also need to reduce font sizes to keep it within the page bounds.
    Egg

Bramhill,

Thank you for pointing that out. I never realized that the navbar would affect that. I will redo the mobile version of the navbar and size it up accordingly. Hopefully, that fixes up the problem.

Thanks again!

eric

No problem. Get back to us if you require any further assistance.
    Egg

Nice seeing two Erics chatting so.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat