Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: VectorStyler

Default VectorStyler

I found this app yesterday and installed the beta version, it looks promising.
    For years, I have been searching an app that combines Xara's brush flexibility, Expression's blend modes, skeletal strokes and color replacement and RealDrawPro's area gradient capabilities.
    I still use Expression 3.3 beta because some features are unfindable elsewhere.
    Skeletal strokes seem definitely fallen from grace, I must forget about it.

Illustrator is able to partially replace Xara, Expression & RealDrawPro but is expensive, slow and requires a high-end configuration, I am looking for a cheaper and lighter app.
    Yet VectorStyler could fit the bill although some functions are still missing.
    Now I must wait for NumericPath to disclose the price of this outsider. I wish it was lighter and more stable too.

Did someone try this app?

Default Re: VectorStyler

I guess you mean this app? https://www.vectorstyler.com/

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    I guess you mean this app? https://www.vectorstyler.com/

Guess so Gary, that's what I found too.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

I still use Expression 3.3 beta because some features are unfindable elsewhere
    with you on that one....

realdrawpro however I tried years ago and never got on with

vectorstyler looks interesting...
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

In fact, good vector functions that we demand here in the forum for at least 10 years from Xara.
    I downloaded the beta and I’m going to play with it.

If the program can also depict some ingenious functions Xara’s (of course without the web function)
    I would be willing to change or buy as a replacement for missing vector functions on Xara’s side.

I consider Xara as a Swiss knife, I do not think I'll stop using it, because I guess Xara contains some functions that will never be implemented elsewhere.
    Vectorstyler is design-oriented and seems able to compete with Illustrator although being lighter and faster, that's why I find it interesting as a complement to Xara.

Yes, Xara is unique but when Xara don't bring some improved vector functionality then I see VectorStyler as a replacement for missing vector functions.

Thanks for sharing about VectorStyler.
    VectorStyler has almost all the vector functions that are not available in Xara.
    I will definitely give it a try but still, nothing can replace Xara in my view.

With some limited testing this 'beta' (v1.0.0.24 RC1) is a long way off production; almost anything special I try locks or hums.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    With some limited testing this 'beta' (v1.0.0.24 RC1) is a long way off production; almost anything special I try locks or hums.

Acorn
    Not here. Maybe your hardware is to low.