Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Scale to Fit Width

Yes as far as I can tell Acorn they work perfectly, I see a gray rectangle.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Quote Originally Posted by wizard509 View Post
    Yes as far as I can tell Acorn they work perfectly, I see a gray rectangle.
    Larry, when you Preview, do you get a page that changes with the browser width?

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

It appears to Acorn.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Quote Originally Posted by wizard509 View Post
    It appears to Acorn.
    Cheers Larry.

Then anyone could use this in XWD and it could be set as their STFW Template.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Just an update for anyone who might be interested:

I've now received a reply to my message to Magix.

However, despite me clearly stating my problem (and attaching a screenshot to illustrate it), all I've received is instructions on how to find the 'Export' tab and a screenshot showing me where it is. As that screenshot has obviously been taken from XWDP 18 though, and not from XWD 18, it doesn't help me at all!

I've now sent a very shirty reply to Magix, drawing their attention both to my own original screenshot (which I've resubmitted) and to a screenshot of their own advertising material.

So the saga continues!

Watch this space

Quote Originally Posted by Struggler View Post
    Just an update for anyone who might be interested:
    I've now received a reply to my message to Magix.
    However, despite me clearly stating my problem (and attaching a screenshot to illustrate it), all I've received is instructions on how to find the 'Export' tab and a screenshot showing me where it is. As that screenshot has obviously been taken from XWDP 18 though, and not from XWD 18, it doesn't help me at all!
    I've now sent a very shirty reply to Magix, drawing their attention both to my own original screenshot (which I've resubmitted) and to a screenshot of their own advertising material.
    So the saga continues!
    Watch this space
    I have bookmarked the Thread!

Acorn

Here's an update, for anyone who might be interested about my progress (or lack of it) with the support team at Magix:

My first email to them explained my problem and included a screenshot of what I see when clicking on 'Web Properties' in XWD 18.

Their response was to send me a screenshot (clearly taken from a different version of XWD) showing where the 'Export' tab is. (i.e. their response was totally unhelpful).

My second email to Magix stressed that what I was seeing didn't match the screenshot that they'd sent me. I attached my own screenshot for a second time to illustrate my point.

Their response was to send me another screenshot, that they specifically stated was taken from Designer Pro X (which obviously didn't help me at all), and indicating that they didn't really understand my problem. They then asked me to send them my own screenshot (which they'd had twice already!)

My third email sent them my original screenshot for the third time.

Their response was to send back a message which simply stated: "you have bought the basic version which contains not all funktions you need. (Sic). You can use the upgrade function on our webpage if you want", together with a link to where I can pay more money to get the functionality that, according to their own promotional material, I've already paid for!

My fourth email to Magix provides a link to their own online description of the software, together with a screenshot taken from it. It also includes the words 'conned' and 'fraudulent'.

I wonder if I'll get a reply?

Sorry about your experience, Struggler. We'll see if any of the MagiXara staff who comb these posts will notice your plight and help to resolve it. Good luck.

Thanks for your support, gcellison.

Success!

The latest email from Magix/Xara read as follows (sic):
    "we are very sorry for the inconvenience there is unfortunately an error on our website.
    We have upgrade your programm to the premium version. Naturally for free"

So now I'm a happy bunny at last!

Thanks to everyone who contributed to this thread. You might not have been in a position to help me directly but you confirmed that I wasn't simply looking for something that I'd no right to assume should be there. That helped me a great deal and encouraged me to pursue the matter with Magix.

Thanks again!