Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default index.html problem - index.htm not found

Hi

I have been replacing the front pages of an established website with new pages designed using Xara Designer Pro (v18). The front pages link to other pages written over the last decade or so in HTML which will need to stay for a while.

The Xara index page loads as index.htm but the website only loads if there is an index.html page present. If I delete the index.html page the website doesn't load and I get an error message - "Page is not redirecting properly" when trying to load index.htm.

To add to the problem there are hundreds of pages with links to index.html and changing all those would take days. Can I just duplicate the index.htm file as index.html so there are two identical files present?

I'm not sure where to start solving this - any help much appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
    Ian
    Last edited by IanB; 05 April 2021 at 10:59 PM. Reason: Adding error message

Default Re: index.html problem - index.htm not found

Ian, set your Xara filename to index.html and republish.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Default Re: index.html problem - index.htm not found

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    Ian, set your Xara filename to index.html and republish.

Acorn
    Thanks again Acorn. That worked fine.