Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Info Re: Bootstrapping the Support Folder

Here is a worthy successor to the Sliding Slideshow widget: Slick Sliders.zip
    Unzip as usual and run the design file.

I am interested in how far back this runs in earlier XDA versions.

To add new images:
    1. Place the images in the Support Folder > Images folder.
    2. Update or add the Image HTML item(s) in the HTML code (body) of the Slider Placeholder.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Default Re: Bootstrapping the Support Folder

Hi Acorn, d/l'ed your zip file and extracted but the xar file doesn't open ???
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    Hi Acorn, d/l'ed your zip file and extracted but the xar file doesn't open ???
    Egg, I tried the extracted XAR and it is OK.

Here is a separate version: jQ+CSS - Slick Slider.xar

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Okay Acorn, haven't have time to look at in detail. I needed to shut down XDP+ to get it to load(?)
    On preview all oks well except for this slider in which the text background retains the keyboard image.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    Okay Acorn, haven't have time to look at in detail. I needed to shut down XDP+ to get it to load(?)
    On preview all oks well except for this slider in which the text background retains the keyboard image.
    Egg, that is my Easter Egg to show that it could be done.

Xara's approach destroys design expression.

Acorn

Another offering.

This handles large Table datasets that can be CSV, HTML, screen captures, Markdown using https://www.tablesgenerator.com/html_tables, which is my preference.

Once set up as an HTML Table with some added code and put in a Placeholder, you get sorting, filtering and paging on a page.

Something Xara should have addressed in its SmartTables.
    It is a worthy successor to the original Table Widget that only handles CSV data (badly).

I went for HTML as each table cell can have its own styling including images, links and formatting.

HTML Table Loader.zip
    Unzip as normal and run the design file.

Acorn

That's pretty nifty, Acorn. Thanks for sharing. Set up a table, export it as .htm and there you go. I haven't even looked at all the possibilities to customize the table.

Here is a simple Image Accordion that I find pleasing: CSS Accordion.zip
    Unzip and run the design file.

Here is one without embedded images: CSS - Accordion - no images.xar
    It used Ipsum Image to generate placeholder images; this comes with an overhead of the site adding Cookies!

Acorn

That's a very novel way of showing images, Acorn, I like it. Makes me a bit dizzy though going from photo to photo.

Quote Originally Posted by Boy View Post
    That's a very novel way of showing images, Acorn, I like it. Makes me a bit dizzy though going from photo to photo.
    Chers Boy, you can slow the speed by changing it from 0.8s to whatever in the CSS.

Acorn