Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TemplOp error

Exclamation TemplOp error

I've downloaded the demo of Webstyle 4, and for some reason i'm getting an error after it tries to launch "There is a problem with TemplOp.DLL. Please re-installthe correct version." When I click OK my laptop locks up. I've tried registering the dll's as suggested in Xara knowledge base but still the same. I've even de-activated my anti spyware and virus and still the same.

I installed the demo on my desktop PC..... NO PROBLEM!!!!

Google was not much help either.

I need help to correct this before i buy it.

Default Re: TemplOp error

Quote Originally Posted by DJDXL View Post
    I've downloaded the demo of Webstyle 4, and for some reason i'm getting an error after it tries to launch "There is a problem with TemplOp.DLL. Please re-installthe correct version." When I click OK my laptop locks up. I've tried registering the dll's as suggested in Xara knowledge base but still the same. I've even de-activated my anti spyware and virus and still the same.

I installed the demo on my desktop PC..... NO PROBLEM!!!!

Google was not much help either.

I need help to correct this before i buy it.
    Same problem here. OS: W2K3 R2 64Bit. Any information you need to track down the problem?

Oh, yes, full version! Used to run at my old PC.

cu
    Volker

17 years on and nothing has changed.
    I had an occasion to use my old Webstyle 4 yesterday but got a "There is a problem with TemplOp.dll Please re-install the correct version" error. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling without success. I tried to run it in compatibility (Windows XP (Service Pack 2) mode but no luck.

The advice from 24 August 2005 is Regsvr32 "C:\Program Files\Xara\Webstyle 4\dlls\templop.dll" but I get The module "C\Program" failed to load. Entering just Regsvr32 I get a "To register a module you must provide a binary name error.

My templop.dll can be found in C:\Program Files(x86)\Xara\Webstyle 4\dlls and was last modified 14/10/2003.
    The same dll can be found in my Xara Designer Pro X and ProX 11 folders both templop64.dll.

Emmo, mine are still registered for XX5 & XPG&D10.
    templop64.dll is not the same as templop.dll.

You must be running the Regsvr32command from the Command Prompt.
    I would also Run as administrator.
    The Regsvr32 "C:\Program Files\Xara\Webstyle 4\dlls\templop.dll" line must include the double quotes.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Emmo View Post
    "C:\Program Files\Xara\Webstyle 4\dlls"
    17 years ago you'd have been using a 32-bit version of Windows, and that would be the correct installation folder

I suspect now you're using a 64-bit version of Windows, and that your installation folder is actually "C:\Program Files (x86)\Xara\Webstyle 4\dlls"

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel View Post
    17 years ago you'd have been using a 32-bit version of Windows, and that would be the correct installation folder

I suspect now you're using a 64-bit version of Windows, and that your installation folder is actually "C:\Program Files (x86)\Xara\Webstyle 4\dlls"
    Daniel, I hadn't thought that far. I saw the issue as one of properly invoking the command.
    You are right as @Emmo even gave us the right path.

Appreciated.

Acorn
    Last edited by Acorn; 18 March 2024 at 12:47 PM.
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

I've tried Regsvr32 "C:\Program Files\Xara\Webstyle 4\dlls\templop.dll" from the Command prompt run as administrator but get a message that you see attached.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	commandPrompt.JPG 
Views:	38 
Size:	44.5 KB 
ID:	134751 Thanks for your replies.

Quote Originally Posted by Emmo View Post
    I've tried Regsvr32 "C:\Program Files\Xara\Webstyle 4\dlls\templop.dll" from the Command prompt run as administrator but get a message that you see attached.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	commandPrompt.JPG 
Views:	38 
Size:	44.5 KB 
ID:	134751 Thanks for your replies.
    Emmo, you need to use the path you yourself provided - append (x86) after Program Files.

Acorn

I had success as you can see from the attached but still get the original TemplOp.dll errorClick image for larger version. 

Name:	commandPrompt3.JPG 
Views:	40 
Size:	34.0 KB 
ID:	134756 Maybe if I try the uninstall/reinstall again.

The uninstall/reinstall was not successful.