Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Update from 17 to 18 activations exceeded

I had written Magix and they took care of the issue. I now have v17 & v18 on both pc's. However, I am still not clear about what I think is a new policy as in the past I always had the current version along with an update on both pc's. Anyway I am happy to have it sorted.

good to know it is sorted
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

So, just to clarify this ... You have been allowed to have 4 activations (2 - V17 and 2 - V18) on the same licence number?

And to further clarify the terms of the EULA (as everyone else has already stated), when you are given a licence, that allows you to have 2 activations regardless of the versions you actually install - 2 activations per licence.
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Keith,

Just to confuse you some more. I have v18, v17, v16, v15 and V10 all with the same license on one computer and they all run. My other computer that I had to upgrade last year only has V18 and V17 but I can only run one of them. Before that on the old computer, I had V17-V10 and they all ran

Ray

Interesting ... I have a few versions installed, but they are all on different licence numbers. I've never managed to get more than two (or three as it used to be) activations on one licence.

If you go to Magix site and login to the "Your Products" section, it shows activations per licence. I had to deactivate V17 to be allowed to activate V18 on a second machine. Which to be honest is what I expected.
    Last edited by ss-kalm; 26 April 2021 at 07:59 PM.
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

if you update versions on the update service that will be the same licence.... question is, to what extent can you do this on another computer...

I am finished with magix for xara product; I do not welcome paying a subscription, but the morass-that-is-magix/xara is worse
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...