Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
    Middle Wisconsin... just 80 miles from the Frozen Tundra of Lambeau Field

Default Unattended Upload

Dear Xara,

Perhaps I'm the only one however, I truly would like the ability to update my websites around zero dark thirty... unattended... when I'm snugly tucked in. Don't know if anyone else has this wish but I've grumbled to myself that it didn't exist for several versions.

Anyone else wish this... or am I missing an existing feature?

My Current Version: Xara Designer Pro X 18.0.0.61642 DL x64 Mar 18 2021

Default Re: Unattended Upload

where I come from 'zero dark thirty' is a term for 30 mins after nightfall, which is going to vary through the year, so presumbmly you mean a specific time, half past midnight maybe ?

there are SFTP/FTP clients you can program for this; but if you use xara's internal upload I don't know the answer... but I bet acorn does
    Last edited by handrawn; 30 March 2021 at 08:01 AM. Reason: not email doh
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Assuming, you have Exported locally, you can use a scheduler like WinSCP.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Middle Wisconsin... just 80 miles from the Frozen Tundra of Lambeau Field

Thanks to both of you for your suggestions. However, perhaps the Xara people may consider this rather than having to add an additional step in Xara and an additional program to get done when a couple of check boxes and a date and time can do. Bottom line, Xara has been making tasks simpler for us over the years... certainly they can catch up with my near antique MS Outlook 2007 in it's ability to schedule a release for a certain future date / time.

I doubt it.
    Imagine the grief when you schedule the wrong package for a site and you are zuzzing away.

I watch all my uploads and test them right away.
    As I FTP into Cloudflare-enabled sites, Clourdflare would then it have to recognise an upload and switch to Dev mode so I can purge server caching?

Your need is rather niche.

I would also be loathe to send out an email of any consequence on a timer.
    I have been a recipient of such a communication that pinged back to the originator, who had also set up Out of Office, and the resulting ricochets effectively had the effect of a DDOS.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat