Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Restoration

Default Restoration

This photo of the Mona Lisa was posted on This is Colossal. It looked dark so I made a copy and applied the Photo Tools > Brightness Levels Dialog > Auto and the restored masterpiece is on the right half.

No need to thank me Signore da Vinci.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	restoration.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	65.5 KB 
ID:	129272  

Default Re: Restoration

And with a few additional tweaks.

Name:	restoration II.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	68.6 KB 
ID:	129273  

Great job Gary.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

She scrubs up nicely!
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.

Nice work!

I was at the Louvre in 2014 to see something else but happened to go past the painting. It was crazy, all the people taking selfies. It’s installed behind bulletproof glass which might account for the original darker image.

Here’s a snap I took as I skirted around the mayhem.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	A3ADEB61-964B-4477-A3F8-0DA35801A4A6.jpeg 
Views:	99 
Size:	57.5 KB 
ID:	129277
    Jon (Jono) Xara Photo & Graphic Designer 19.0.0.64329 DL x64 May 19 2022

My wife and I saw the painting in the 80s when we went to Paris and it was behind glass at that time. There are so many better paintings in the world. We were so impressed by this portrait by Vigée le Brun who really captures feminine beauty and softness. The Mona Lisa is hard and androgynous.

Name:	1024px-Madame_Vigee-Lebrun_and_her_daughter,_Jeanne_Lucia_(Julie).jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	101.7 KB 
ID:	129278  

I agree there are so many more interesting and thought provoking portrait paintings around the world. Of course art is subjective but It’s fascinating why the Mona Lisa remains so popular. Must be the lack of eyebrows!

Thanks for the ‘Joy of museums’ link. I'm just going around the Art Institute of Chicago at the moment to find Grant Wood’s ‘American Gothic’ (without the crowds!).
    Jon (Jono) Xara Photo & Graphic Designer 19.0.0.64329 DL x64 May 19 2022

Here's an issue I can't find a solution for. The attached xar file previews as expected in a local browser but if I publish it to my server it no longer displays as expected. Any one have any idea why?
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    Here's an issue I can't find a solution for. The attached xar file previews as expected in a local browser but if I publish it to my server it no longer displays as expected. Any one have any idea why?
    Egg, yo0u have mixed secure and insecure resources. Try changing <script type="text/javascript" src="http://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.4.4/jquery.min.js"></script> to https. Try with a later jQuery version too.

The coding is archaic.
    I am sure there are better out there.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Info Re: Restoration

Egg, just threw this together: JS-CSS - Moaning Lisa.xar. Not really checked over for improvements.

The detail was lifted from https://www.csscodelab.com/html5-bef...lider-example/.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat