Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: What the a?

Default What the a?

I am foolishly attempting my 8th book in Xara, this time in Pro+ and I really do not recall having this much aggravation in Designer Pro X. But it is too late to start over because I am about 1/3 through.

I am copying and pasting text from Microsoft Word then applying Styles to the various elements.

One Style, Commentary is incorrigible and driving me nuts. Every time I apply this style, which has no indent, the formatted text is indented. And when I modify the selection and select Update Style to Match, it does not update. It also shows an a next to the style in the styles drop down box.

Can anybody explain why, even after I have updated this style that it still shows the a next to the style and that it WILL NOT retain my updates?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	a.png 
Views:	96 
Size:	52.0 KB 
ID:	129257  

Default Re: What the a?

Ah, OK, the Style I am having so many issues with was a Character Style in stead of a Paragraph Style. And as I recall, the problems with Character Styles go back to the introduction of Styles and has never been fixed.

Default Re: What the a?

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    Ah, OK, the Style I am having so many issues with was a Character Style in stead of a Paragraph Style. And as I recall, the problems with Character Styles go back to the introduction of Styles and has never been fixed.
    The speed of correct answers on TG is amazing.

Without reading your second Post, I was going to suggest just that.

But being second is not good enough.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat