Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Designer Prox V18-export and document options and autoslider

I have a few questions that reference the images shown:

1. Using Egg's slider and siren's code, I had my sliders set as supersites.Since there is no supersite option I set the new one I did as presentation. It works, and on a touch device you can swipe to move back and forth if you want instead of the navigation bubbles so I think this is ok. www.cbsi-online.com. My other website with the slider I haven't updated since v17 so the slider was a supersite and the swipe functionality is not available: www.jerrys-furniture.com. My question is, is there any reason the slider should not be a presentation?

2. On the www.cbsi-online.com page with the slider, if you are on a big screen it displays correctly fullscreen and when windowed and resized up and down. It also formats correctly on my phone. However on my ipad mini as you can see in the 3rd picture, the slideshow ends up positioned too far down on the sceen. Any ideas? The slideshow(s) on the www.jerrys-furniture.com page display correctly on the ipad mini.

Thanks.

(Initiostar if you look at this I haven't changed the video on the slideshow yet, because I didn't quite get it to work. I have to try it again)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	web options.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	82.5 KB 
ID:	129254 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	web options2.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	68.1 KB 
ID:	129255 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ipad.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	69.0 KB 
ID:	129256
    Last edited by yellowbird; 27 March 2021 at 07:13 PM.

Default Re: Designer Prox V18-export and document options and autoslider

Just for clarity, Scroll+Vertical (v18) is a Supersite+Vertical (v17).

Web (Presentation) will work and if hiding controls should appear no different.

www.cbsi-online is a dead link; https://www.cbsi-online.com is the right one, I think.

I don't have an ipad mini but I have reduced to 20% zoom from 500% and found no jumps. I suspect the ipad browser.
    You also have potential coding issues as you are erroring with https://developers.google.com/web/up...as-interrupted.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Initiostar if you look at this I haven't changed the video on the slideshow yet, because I didn't quite get it to work. I have to try it again
    Did you make the changes to the video placeholder? It works here without error: https://initiostar.co.uk/demo/PlaceholderVid/

With iOS it is important to use "playsinline" within the video tag, as shown - I'm sure we can help you fix it.

Gary

If I change it so it isn't a presentation, I then have the option to scale to fit width (which is how I did it before), instead of scale to fit screen which is the only setting the presentation allows, could that possibly help my ipad mini issue? I haven't tried it yet.
    Nancy

Same as before - use Scale-to-fit-Width sb OK.

Gary

UPDATE - IPAD MINI ISSUE FIXED. Changing it from a presentation and scaling to width fixed it. Swipe capability still works also.
    Last edited by yellowbird; 28 March 2021 at 12:26 AM.

Initiostar I will be working on the video tomorrow. I understand the playsinline etc. I didn't want it to loop, took that out. Worked perfectly when I previewed from from xara test page with placeholder referencing video on the web. Published the test page with the placeholder to the web and the video wouldn't play - just a static page. Some thing I did wrong so I just have to try again. The business owners like it the way it was and wanted it on the website. Appreciate your help and I'm going to work on it tomorrow, and I'm certain with your help it will be perfected. Thanks.

I would check if you have any residual 'mejs' scripts in your main or slider sites. The MediaElementPlayer code does (I think) prevent any other browser starting. You might need to do a full publish to your server and check all things 'mejs' have been removed.

Gary