Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Saving Toolbars XWD Premium 17

Next to XDP 15.1, I use XWD Premium 17.1.0.60742. I know the former doesn't allow a custom UI to be saved but I thought the latter does so that it can be ported to a fresh installation or the upcoming v. 18. Or is this only a feature of XDP 16 and/or 17?

Default Re: Saving Toolbars XWD Premium 17

Quote Originally Posted by Boy View Post
    Next to XDP 15.1, I use XWD Premium 17.1.0.60742. I know the former doesn't allow a custom UI to be saved but I thought the latter does so that it can be ported to a fresh installation or the upcoming v. 18. Or is this only a feature of XDP 16 and/or 17?
    Until XWD(P)v18.0 is released, we won't know.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

So, v. 17 allows UI settings to be saved? If so, how to proceed?

Quote Originally Posted by Boy View Post
    So, v. 17 allows UI settings to be saved? If so, how to proceed?
    Boy, the UI settings are either in the Registry or as a set of XML files. You don't set anything up, Xara now accesses these and brings them into a fresh installation.

If you have two devices with v17, I know of no way to port UI settings from one to the other (other than manually copying files and Registry Keys).

What specific settings are we talking about here?

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    You don't set anything up, Xara now accesses these and brings them into a fresh installation.

I thought that a user could save/export the customized UI settings but apparently that's not the case. So, Xara does this automatically. Too bad because it would be nice to port a settings file to another computer or use it after a fresh installation of Windows.