Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Default Re: version 18 is too slow compared to version 17, not usable for me

i bought the also XPro+ Version

No time to wait.
    no sicknature. for nearly 20 years. omg ...
    For many problems there are simple and easy-to-understand solutions that do not work.

Quote Originally Posted by msheesha View Post
    Hi Acorn!
    Thank you SO much for your amazingly fast response time to my post! I really appreciate that! I don't know what happened but, after loading and exiting your test file, somehow XARA is no longer sluggish. I also deleted and then undeleted 75% of the website. Don't know what fixed it but it's miraculously back to normal after days of impossibly sluggish behavior. Phew! Thanks again!
    Acorn Power to the rescue.
    If you have a second device do download XDPX to it (you are allowed) so you have a fall-back.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Hi Acorn!

Thank you SO much for your amazingly fast response time to my post! I really appreciate that! I don't know what happened but, after loading and exiting your test file, somehow XARA is no longer sluggish. I also deleted and then undeleted 75% of the website. Don't know what fixed it but it's miraculously back to normal after days of impossibly sluggish behavior. Phew! Thanks again!
    Hello,

I spoke to soon. The sluggishness has returned. I have a fast computer and this is not happening with any other programs. Does anyone have any idea as to why XARA 18.5 is performing so sluggishly. I have to wait for the program to finish processing EVERY time I perform any action. I am trying to create a website with the one-page template "Portfolio". I am growing weary and stressing out because I have a deadline for my graduate school project I need to complete. Any ideas?

has anyone mentione right-click the program and run as administrator which is sometimes needed to complete the installation correctly - you only need to do that once
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Hello handrawn,

Thank you so much for taking the time to respond. I had not "run as administrator" since installation. I went ahead did as you suggested. It seems the program is running at a regular speed now. I hope this holds up. Thanks again for your input!

lets hope it does

if you still get problems then posting up here a .XAR [or .WEB] file that you are having the problems in would mean we could look at it and see if there is an issue in the file itself
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    msheesha, I am not having any problems with Xara Pro+v20.5. XDPXv18.5 is at an almost identical build.
    I suggest you try my test file above and next Run as administrator the once and then check against my test file.
    That might clear things up for you.
    Acorn
    Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    has anyone mentione right-click the program and run as administrator which is sometimes needed to complete the installation correctly - you only need to do that once
    Hello handrawn,
    Thank you so much for taking the time to respond. I had not "run as administrator" since installation. I went ahead did as you suggested. It seems the program is running at a regular speed now. I hope this holds up. Thanks again for your input!
    Acorn Power calling! It always helps to read the help.

Glad you and your Project are back on track.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Nothing lasts forever...

just been reminded of something that may be relevant

for quite a while now, maybe forever I can't remember for sure but i think not, the default when you open a xara document is for 'snap to objetcs' to be active [the magnet icon on the top toolbar]

I was ctrl+selecting a shape inside a group of 55 shapes to move it one side

with snap to objects active this took 7 seconds during which i could see the guides appear on the screen in succession as the program worked out relative positioning to the other objects
    with snap to objects off the shape moved with the cursor in real time...
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    just been reminded of something that may be relevant
    for quite a while now, maybe forever I can't remember for sure but i think not, the default when you open a xara document is for 'snap to objetcs' to be active [the magnet icon on the top toolbar]
    I was ctrl+selecting a shape inside a group of 55 shapes to move it one side
    with snap to objects active this took 7 seconds during which i could see the guides appear on the screen in succession as the program worked out relative positioning to the other objects
    with snap to objects off the shape moved with the cursor in real time...
    Good suggestion.

I tried with 140 blobs and experienced no delay.

So I embellished the test with adding Links, Repeat across pages & Repel text.
    Cloned out 20 pages.
    No real delays.

The best check for spotting delays is to have the Web Properties > Link dialog open and watch the Link to: box vanish and reappear when performing some operation.

I used to get deadly performaance when dealing with Xara NavBars across a 100 pages.
    One reason i dropped them.

Acorn