Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Default Re: version 18 is too slow compared to version 17, not usable for me

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    Reinhard, I had a PM back from PhilM advising that there are a number of separate issues resulting in the slowness and that they are being worked on.

Acorn
    Hi,
    oh i have no doubt that they are working hard on it. i'm just afraid i'll find out too late when i can reinstall version 18 with the update.
    regards
    reinhard
    no sicknature. for nearly 20 years. omg ...
    For many problems there are simple and easy-to-understand solutions that do not work.

Hi there,

Apologies, this has been fixed and is awaiting deployment to the V18 versions when the next update is due. I believe this has been deployed already to DP+ in the scheduled release cycle, you can try opening your doc there and see if your still seeing the issues? https://www.xara.com/pro-plus-download/

Kind Regards
    Rob

Quote Originally Posted by Rob-Xar View Post
    Hi there,
    Apologies, this has been fixed and is awaiting deployment to the V18 versions when the next update is due. I believe this has been deployed already to DP+ in the scheduled release cycle, you can try opening your doc there and see if your still seeing the issues? https://www.xara.com/pro-plus-download/
    Kind Regards Rob
    Thank you Rob, I have run Xara Pro+ against Test 01.xar and loading, selection of the Group and changing the Line colour to black each took around 10 seconds.
    In context, this is updating 6,000 objects.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Rob-Xar View Post
    Apologies, this has been fixed and is awaiting deployment to the V18 versions when the next update is due.
    When is the next update due? ... with Magix's current record, this could be up to 9 months, which really doesn't help ...
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

The latest update from xara.com (21.1) contains a fix for the main problem with Reinhard's document.
    https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...e-21-0-0-61527

(Sadly this fix is not mentioned in the release notes...)

Further performance improvements are being made to the selection and de-selection of large groups. They should appear in the next release.

Quote Originally Posted by PhilM View Post
    The latest update from xara.com (21.1) contains a fix for the main problem with Reinhard's document.
    https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...e-21-0-0-61527
    (Sadly this fix is not mentioned in the release notes...)
    Further performance improvements are being made to the selection and de-selection of large groups. They should appear in the next release.
    Phil, that is of interest to me so thank you for advising.

You should note the OP was for XDPXv18 and not Xara Pro+, which is where your Link goes to.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

The XDP release cycle is controlled by Magix. I'm not sure when the next one is scheduled but the fixes will obviously be released in that product too.

Pro+ is under our (Xara's) control, we are able to make more frequent updates and I know when they happen so that's all I can report on reliably.

Quote Originally Posted by PhilM View Post
    The XDP release cycle is controlled by Magix. I'm not sure when the next one is scheduled but the fixes will obviously be released in that product too.
    Pro+ is under our (Xara's) control, we are able to make more frequent updates and I know when they happen so that's all I can report on reliably.
    I appreciate that. The issue is others will read this update and think is out there or be annoyed they aren't getting the same service form Magix.

I have both XDPXv18 and Xara Pro+/Cloud+ and I am 100% behind the Xara+ brand. One true application rather than the fragmented Magix offerings.

Others have a distrust of a Subscription model but I am far happier without Magix's inertia and nag screens.
    On the Subscription, the continuing offer of 50% off with the LIFETIME coupon is great.

A XDPX hobbyist is then on equal footing with an Update Service renewal versus the Subscription.

Acorn

I have and still facing the same nightmare. My clients site is 28 pages, Yes each one is long and has pictures but the pictures are optimized to the extend that the client is happy and they do not complain about blurriness. For minor changes on a page, I have to wait minimum 10 minutes for the process then the upload happens. My internet is 400Mbps and I have no problem uploading. My cpu has 4 cores and only one of them gets fully utilized by Xara. I have plenty of DDR3 Ram 8M and SSD hardrive. I have asked xara and others to only output one page that is changed but I believe Acorn mentioned that everything gets renumbered again. Also naming a bullet and making sure it is named has issues, meaning if you us a lot of custom bullets you will have multiple files each numbered again. And the list goes on and on. I simply have given up. Oh and all this with version 17, I am not upgrading for a while.

As far a s i´know the last good software from Magix was MusicMaker, about 20 years ago.

Any chance to switch frome Magix back to Xara, without buying again?
    no sicknature. for nearly 20 years. omg ...
    For many problems there are simple and easy-to-understand solutions that do not work.