Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default Re: One seriously cool bit of design

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    I was expecting it to fold flat or something special.

Acorn
    Design heathen!

It looks immensely uncomfortable. If I might tout my Alma Mater http://www.artcenter.edu/academics/u.../overview.html This is great functional design.

It's interesting the resistance to this design because I was, and am, seriously impressed by it - mostly because of the aesthetics rather than anything else.

In terms of it being uncomfortable, as depicted the saddle hight as shown is very high, but it's adjustable.

It's a hipster bike, for sure, for an urban environment or the beachfront of California.

I have an e-bike - quite traditional style - the battery looks like a water bottle and what many people do after buying it? Add a comfy saddle/suspension fork, front suspension fork and raise the height of the handlebar above the saddle height.

None of those comfort upgrades were ever a thought when I used a bike for the train station commute in my 30s and 40s. They are now, but still I appreciate the hipster bike design.

You guys are fuddy-duddies!

I like it Paul - it appeals to the cartoonist in me, and that is a compliment

I see it animated and the loop unwinding itself and the two parts just keep going, and then all three become 'playful' - lots of possibilites there

What has this to do with design ? no idea, I am not a designer; but as a visualiser it is inspirational...

If I had seen one on the street I would have given it a good look, maybe grabbed a photo if possible
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Fundy-duddy here: form follows function, fitted from feedback. Xara's approach: function fail forever.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    Fundy-duddy here: form follows function, fitted from feedback. Xara's approach: function fail forever.

Acorn
    There is a spectrum for design.

The bike has a pleasing form and perfectly performs the function of a bike.

There are many ways for form to follow function and the design of this bike does not go against that. It performs the function with an elegant form.

I like his hair cut.

Quote Originally Posted by behzad View Post
    I like his hair cut.
    LOL, I never imagined anyone would post that comment on TG!