Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Silly auto-scrolling problem in Xara Designer Pro

I have Xara designer pro and when I drag an object to the boundary of the workspace window Xara does not auto-scroll, instead the mouse shows a no-entry symbold as it is hovered over a scroll bar or whatever boundary the mouse is over. It used to work, and I have another installation on another machine where Xara does auto-scroll when I drag objects to the window boundary.

I was cleaning my keyboard when Xara was active and I accidentally turned on the grid, so perhaps I have turned off an auto-scroll option, I also turned off my scroll bars briefely for a reason I can't recall. Restoring them has made no difference.

This problem is driving me nuts, I have explored the options and the help and there seems to be nothing on the subject.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Default Re: Silly auto-scrolling problem in Xara Designer Pro

I see this if I have moved the mouse to far out of the window. At the edge just before the scroll bars then auto scroll works.

Ray

Doubt if this is of help but if I drag an object to the workspace edge, the object is stopped and a no go pointer appears. If I release the mouse the object is reset to its initial drag location.

If, however, I retreat a tad and slowly drag ahead, my page moves, bit by bit.
    In such cases, I press 5 (50% Zoom) and can move around further before hitting the buffer.
    I am sure this behaviour is across all versions.

If you were unaware, you can drag an object to a Document Tab and drop it onto a different design page.
    The original remains and you may see a pointer with a plus.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by RKissane View Post
    I see this if I have moved the mouse to far out of the window. At the edge just before the scroll bars then auto scroll works.
    Ray
    Snap!

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Several people above have reported that if they move the mouse pointer too far away from the window edge then the scrolling stops, and indeed that is how Xara used to behave but now I don't get ANY auto scrolling at ANY mouse position when I drag an object and this used to work and it works in my other Xara installation.

I have changed something in Xara and I can't find the option to set it back......... unless it was the Windows 10 update I had recently.

I am still officially going nuts.

Interactive - I moved this thread to Xara Graphics Forum.

You have not listed your product in your profile page so I am not sure what version you have having issues with. When you get a moment, can you update your profile?

I have DPX 18 just updated, and Pro+ recently updated and while it's a bit jerky for me, both scroll when I drag an object beyond the screen boundaries.

I am using Xara Designer Pro X 12.2.0.45774

I just assumed I had invoked some option I wasn't aware of, like the show grid option, which stopped auto-scrolling.

The effect occurs on all types of document, web page, A4 page etc.

Well if all else fails, go to Window > Control Bars and click Reset.

This will reset Designer Pro X to the default settings.

You will lose any custom tool bars or other settings.

I have tried resetting the bars and I still have the same problem.

Flipping thing.

You also said that your computer with Windows 10 recently did an update. This is a stretch but maybe it is worth a try, run the program as administrator again.

Ray